What to Expect with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes affect the pancreas. The beta-cells that produce insulin are gradually destroyed and soon cant produce insulin.
- nutritional foods
- avoiding food high in carbs
- check blood sugar after a meal
Monitoring Blood Sugar
- Taking blood to see your blood sugar
- insulin injections regularly
- monitor carbs intake
recommendations for exercise and lifestyle
- Regular physical activity
- good nutrition
- monitoring carbs intake carefully
Biomedical professionals to talk to
- Dietician- talk about changing diet and monitoring carbs intake very carefully.
- Endocrinologist- will let you know if you have diabetes and will help you to maintain insulin injections.
- CDE-teaches people how to deal with diabetes and how to live with diabetes.