For the Week of Feb 26-Mar 2
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Friday, May 4th is now a Scheduled School Day Due to Snow Days
What's Up this Week?
Monday, Feb 26 -
- "A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark" Chinese proverb
Tuesday, Feb 27 -
- "The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice" Brian Herbert
Wednesday, Feb 28 –
- Blue Plate Lunch from 11:30-12:30 (Tprs. Alexander & O’Connor)
Thursday, Mar 1 -
- "If the plan doesn't work, change the plan, but never the goal"
Friday, Mar 2 -
- March is Reading Month Kickoff Assembly for Students (Lower El - 9:10-9:40 and Upper El - 9:50-10:20); Dismissal to assembly announced by office
- Popcorn Day
Turrill Students Helping the Community...
"Blue Plate" Lunches?
Sgt. Tuckey of the Lapeer State Police Post and Turrill Elementary have teamed together to set up various dates that a Trooper(s) comes to our school to have lunch with our students in an effort to build and foster positive relationships between our youth and law enforcement.
The next date is Wednesday, Feb 28th.
Kudos to Miss Burgess and our Young Artists!
The following artists were selected to have their artwork displayed in the K-8 Art Show at Gallery 194:
- Scarlett Ross K
- Cecilia Steffler K
- Elise LaCross 1
- Timothy Johnson 2
- Julia Lomerson 2
- Christopher Rosenick 2
- Kennedy Cavanaugh 3
- Berkley Curtis 3
- Kaylee Vanaman 3
- Jenna Lomerson 4
- Levi Schwartz 4
- Victoria Thorsgard 4
- Lilly Todd 4
- Logan Moceri 5
- Nathan Romine 5
The show runs from February 12th to March 17th. The photos are from the Meet-the-Artist Reception on Saturday, February 24th from 2-4 p.m.