The Rocket Review
Monthly Newsletter Update - September 2020
14th: FFA Sponsored Blood Drive (American Legion Building), 2:00-7:00 PM
21st: Staff Development Day - No School
25th: Mid Quarter
28th: No Classes at Northwest Technical School
2nd: Varsity Football Homecoming at Hopkins
14th: West Nodaway Board of Education Meeting
23rd: End of First Quarter
26th: Individual Picture Retakes + JH Basketball and Cheer Pictures
27th: Staff Development Day - No School
27th: Parent-Teacher Conferences, 1:00-7:00 PM
28th: Parent-Teacher Conferences, 4:00-7:00 PM
30th: Staff Development Day - No School
Welcome to the Rocket Review
- Don't forget to pick up your 2020-2021 Free and Reduced Meal Applications in the Elementary Office. These are due by October 12, 2020.
- If you have elementary children that qualify for free or reduced lunch, and would like them to receive a sack of food on Fridays as part of the Backpack Buddy program, please fill out a permission form in the office as soon as possible. The week of September 28th, is the first week of distribution.
- The freshmen are selling Pampered Chef. Items will be directly shipped to each customer. Please see any member of the freshman class, or Jennifer and Jerod Downing, to place your order before September 14th.
- The junior class is selling Red Wheel until Friday, September 18th. See a member of the junior class, or contact Mr. Shipley if you'd like to order!
- The high school Student Council members will be selling Texas Roadhouse rolls until October 2nd. Rolls are $10 per dozen, which includes honey butter and a free appetizer card. Delivery will be before Thanksgiving break. Find a STUCO member, or see Mrs. Reed to order!
Elementary Pick Up and Drop Off
A couple of parents have asked if you need to drive around behind the bus barn. No, I don't think it will be necessary to do this because the line is moving so fast. I have noticed that some people are getting cut off in line so please be vigilant in watching out for one another.
I would absolutely love to open the doors for all of those that are missing the morning routine of walking their students in. However, COVID-19 has changed our routines whether we like it or not...and believe me I don't like it either.
Thank you again to all of your for kindness and complements during these trying times.
New Staff At West Nodaway
Starting back to school, after several months out of those routines, can be stressful on our kiddos, just as it is on lots of adults. Below are some strategies for helping a person of any age try to cope with stress.