World War 1
Key People in the War
- President Wilson was kind of the one who started becuase he asked Congress to declare war on Germany.
- R.T. Moodie of Galveston died trying to save a woman and a baby when German submarine sank the British steamship.
Countries at War
- Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary
- Africa, France, United Kingdom, Russia, Serbia
What caused the U.S. to enter WWI?
How did Texas play an important role during the war?
How did WWI end?
The Great Depression
Herbert Hoover's Involvement
How did FDR, (Franklin Delano Roosevelt) pull the country out of depression?
What caused the Dust Bowl and how did it affect farmers in Texas?
Which New Deal programs were important to Texas?
Representative Sam Rayburn of Bonham, Texas, was one of them. He sponsored a law aimed at reforming how stocks were traded to prevent another stock market crash. In 1937, he became Speaker of the House and led that chamber in approving bills that Roosevelt wanted.
How were tenant farmers and miners affected by the Great Depression?
World War 2
Key People in War
- Adolf Hitler was the German leader. But in May of 1945 Hitler killed himself.
- Roosevelt was the President when Pearl Harbor was attacked and when we became involved with WWII
Countries at War
- New Zealand
How did Texas contribute to the nation’s military effort in fighting World War II?
How did life changed for Texans on the home front during World War II?
How did WWII end?
More fighting remained in the Pacific, however. As American forces neared Japan, Japanese troops continued to fight and declared they would never surrender. In August 1945, to force an end to the war