Grade 1 RK
Writing and spelling will be a major focus for us before we head off to Grade 2. We will be learning to:
- use both the sounding and visual strategies for spelling new words
- recognise and use common letter patterns
- use capital letters and full stops consistently
- make some self improvements to our writing
- make choices about writing topics and what type of text we will use
In maths, place value, problem solving and part-part-whole relationships will continue to be a major focus. We will also be looking at telling time (o'clock and half past) and 2D and 3D shapes.
In science we will be exploring light and sound as well as the properties of different materials and how they change.