St. Joseph Science Fair
Science Fair will be held at St. Joseph School on Thursday, January 23rd. Students in grades 4 & 5 are REQUIRED to participate, as this is part of their grade. Students in grades K-3 are welcome to participate and will be included in the judging on January 23rd. Those who place 1st will advance to Regionals. Each student participating needs to complete a Project Proposal Form (found below) and turn in to their teacher by 12-13-19.
Science Fair Boards
Boards can be purchased on your own or through the school for $3.00
Observation Notebook Requirements
All projects must be accompanied by an Observation Notebook. This notebook should contain a record of what you saw happening as your project progressed. Be sure to record your findings each time you complete an experiment or monitor your project for changes. The findings in this notebook are to be used as your results and are to be recorded on your Science Fair board in the form of a graph or chart.
4th & 5th Grade Requirements
1. A Title Page
3. A Research Paper - This contains information, ideas and background information about your project.
1. Students will give an oral presentation to the class.
2. All Science Fair projects will be graded by the teacher. This grade will be part of their final grade on the report card for that grading period.
3. All students will present their projects to the judges in the gym during the Science Fair.
4. Grading rubrics are linked below.
Science Board Layouts & Samples
This link will take you to the Regional Science Fair page by Trine University. Additional forms and resources are available. Winners will need to register for Regionals here.