MMA Montessori Moments
September 2nd, 2019
What three traits define you? Assertive, Accommodating, Generous
What would you like to be your greatest accomplishment? As a teacher, preparing my students well for life. As a human being, being a mom.
What's one thing you couldn't live without? Chocolate
What is one thing you cannot resist? Chocolate
What is your favorite thing to do? Spend time with my family
Where is the most interesting place you've traveled to and why? New Zealand, it was where I saw snow for the first time
Who is your biggest inspiration? My daughter
What advice do you have for kids who are struggling at school? Always ask for help, we care about you so much, more than you think.
How do you define success? Finding balance in life.
What do the students think of Ms. Dore?
1. What is the best thing about Ms. Dore? She is really nice and a good teacher.
2. Why do you think Ms. Dore is a good fit for MMA? Ms. Dore is a good teacher who teaches us the importance of following through on expectations.
1. What three traits define you? I feel like the three traits that best define me are patience, honesty, and my sense of humor.
2.What would you like to be your greatest accomplishment? My greatest accomplishment would be leaving a legacy that all children are worthy of support, dignity, and love.
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without? Air. Hahaha. Sarcasm... I would not be able to function if I could not be sarcastic. It keeps me sane.
4. What is the one thing you cannot resist? Chips. I am a sucker for chips.
5. What is your favorite thing to do? Sleep, and snuggle with my kiddo.
6. Where is the most interesting place you've traveled to and why? Las Vegas... I do not enjoy it.
7. Who is your biggest inspiration? Honestly, my daughter and my students are my biggest inspirations. To watch such young, innocent souls continue to rise up in today's society leaves me in awe.
8. What advice do you have for kids who are struggling at school? Don't give up on yourself. It is going to be hard sometimes. It's supposed to be hard sometimes. Ask for help. Take breaks when you need to. Just don't give up because you are worth it.
9. How do you define success? I define success as being able to look at a project, event, etc., with the ability to smile, knowing that you did your very best.
What do the students think about Ms. Mandee?
1. What is the best thing about Ms. Mandee? Ms. Mandee is a loving teacher who makes us all laugh a lot.2. Why do you think Ms. Mandee is a good fit for MMA? She knows her stuff and she always wants to help out.
Parent Education Night
Bring a friend, family, or community member that does not attend MMA and you will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift card handed out that night!
Redwoods Parent Information Night
You will receive essential trip information like costs, chaperone needs, trip expectations, and volunteer opportunities. This, and all future meetings about Alliance Redwoods, are mandatory and vital in order to assist everyone with the process. We look forward to meeting you and sharing our experiences.
MMA Fun Run (Boosterthon)
Scroll to the bottom to read the sponsorship letter.
Day of Service - Donations Requested
Right now, we are seeking donations of bags of fine, white play sand for our early childhood area. We will be in touch soon with additional donation items we will need for our day of service.
We are still searching for assistants. Right now, Ms. Angela, Ms. Karen, and Ms. Pat do not have teaching assistants. We have two special education teaching assistants open at this time as well. We are doing our best to hire excellent individuals to fill these part-tie positions; and, until then we are arranging for subs to cover these positions in order to best support our teachers and students.
Carpool Safety and Reminders
Follow the directions of the crossing guards and always pull all the way forward. Only let children out of cars on the north bound drop off area side grass if you are exiting at 2500 or along the schools' front sidewalk if you are exiting at 200 E.
The north-bound school exit at 2500, near the little playground, is an exit only.
Please model safe behavior and only walk across the parking lot in the crosswalk areas -even when no cars are coming. Drivers are not expecting people to cross outside of the crosswalk and we do not want anyone to get injured.
Reading Assessments Underway
This year, to support our school-wide goal of improving student literacy in preK-9th grade, we have expanded Acadience reading assessment past 3rd grade. The State Board of Education requires that we give this assessment to students in kindergarten through 3rd grade; however, we are now giving all students the opportunity to show us how well they read.
The results of this reading assessment allows our teachers to differentiate their instruction and effectively assign work and reading to students so students are challenged but not frustrated. The results also allow us to provide opportunities for enrichment to students reading above grade level and allow us to provide opportunities for remediation to students who are reading below grade level. After the results are analyzed, Ms. Jamie and Ms. Kim will start working with small groups of students who need specialized reading instruction.
As always, we encourage families to read together and to each other at home. This is an excellent activity to do in order to wind down before bedtime or while dinner is being prepared.
Cross Country Meets
September 12th at Quest Academy
September 19th at Maria Montessori Academy
September 26th at Ben Lomond (Big D Park)
October 3rd at Highmark
The championship meet will be on October 8th at Ogden High School (Mt. Ogden Park)
HOUSE of Children Pre-School Spots
Junior High Fees
If your family requires assistance in paying these fees, please complete a fee wavier found on the forms and documents page of our website and submit it to René. All parts of the form should be filled in before submitting it and accompanied by required supporting documentation.
2--Labor Day; No School
3-- Day of Service to Celebrate Dr. Montessori's Birthday, 9-10:45am
5--Parent Education Night 5:30-7:00pm
6--MAPA Meeting @ 8:45am
10--MMA Board Meeting, 5:30pm
12--Redwoods Parent and Student Information Night 5:30-6:30pm (6th grade)
17--MAPA Meeting @ 6pm
21--International Day of Peace
27--Professional Development; Early Release
In case you missed it, click here to access the previous Family Newsletter.