Panther Corporation Newsletter
April 2020 Edition 3
Schedule for Weeks of April 27 and May 4
April 27 - May 1: Griffith Public Schools will utilize 5 waiver days. Griffith Public Schools will remain closed. At this time only these essential staff will report to his/her office: Georgia Smith, Robby Dragomer, Ann Marie Jaros, Dustin Nelson, Ambre Cain, Christine Brenner, Brian Jennings, Tracy Whitman, Joe Blissett, Neil Dimos, and Mike Vode. Approval is needed by Superintendent if needing to get in building.
May 4 - 8: Griffith Public Schools will be eLearning this week. At this time only these essential staff will report to his/her office: Georgia Smith, Robby Dragomer, Ann Marie Jaros, Dustin Nelson, Ambre Cain, Christine Brenner, Brian Jennings, Tracy Whitman, Joe Blissett, Neil Dimos, and Mike Vode. Approval is needed by Superintendent if needing to get in building.
Food deliveries continue these next two weeks on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please make sure to watch for our texts on when the bus arrives at your location. We are at that location for approximately 15 minutes.
In addition, we appreciate all those persons who continue to serve and volunteer at the school to ensure our students are fed each week, as well as the teachers, counselors, administrators and directors who continue to check on our families and their wellbeing and assist our students in their learning!
Please continue to be safe, healthy and happy everyone!
PLEA to our Parents...
1. Student supplies at buildings
2. Graduation and Seniors
3. Ability to enter buildings by staff
Information is updated daily by Gov. Holcomb and Indiana Dept. of Education. We follow their lead on when we can have staff and students back in our buildings.
We can NOT have students clean out lockers or desks. We are unable to refund field trip money, etc... at this time. We will notify you on when we can fulfill these requests; however, please do NOT call our offices in regards to items such as this. This fills our voicemail boxes quickly, and we are unable to obtain the "vital" messages which warrant immediate attention.
We ask for your patience as we continue to address your questions and concerns. Thank you!
We know that this is a hard time for our parents, guardians, and community, so we at Griffith Public Schools, have decided to extend the student fees due date. The new extended due date for paying student fees is now July 1, 2020.
Due to the closure of the schools, payments will not be accepted in person. Parents/guardians can continue to make online payments via the E-funds website located at https://payments.efundsforschools.com/v3/districts/56262/. Once on the website, please follow the prompts to access your student’s fees. Payments can also be mailed to Griffith Public Schools, 602 N. Raymond, Griffith, IN 46319. Please make sure to reference your student’s name and student number, if available, with the payment.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding student fees please contact the Bookkeeper via email at email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe.
Griffith Public Schools
Kindergarten Registration Update
We will still require the following once our elementary offices are open to the public:
- Bring child's original birth certificate and immunization records.
- To be eligible for kindergarten, child must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2020 for the 2020/21 school year, parent/legal guardian can write a letter of appeal to the building principal by August 2020. Superintendent has the final decision on the enrollment of child into kindergarten.
- Enrollment is open to only Griffith residents. Please make sure to bring proof of residency!
Reminder for Seniors of 2020
1. Met all of the course and credit requirements for the specific diploma designation based on a combination of high school credits earned prior to and that courses in which you were enrolled as of March 19, 2020, when the Governor issued the statewide school closure, and
2. You meet any virtual or remote learning participation requirements established by the school corporation, you will earn your diploma and graduate on time.
AGAIN, you MUST continue to participate and complete assignments during the eLearning Days!
Those seniors that are low on credits will be contacted by our school counselors to determine next steps. Graduation is NOT guaranteed for you!
Griffith Public Schools will make every attempt to recognize some of the senior events. If possible, these events will be held at a later date if the virus timeline subsides and allows for larger gatherings. If not, we will also consider some alternative ceremony ideas. These decisions will be made by the GHS administration and the school corporation. Please watch for more information!