By: Maddie Fox
What Effects Does Water Pollution Have On Humans, Animals, and The Ecosystem?
- Polluted water may cause bacteria that can cause serious illnesses or even death in some cases.
- Industries and the government have spent billions of dollars trying to prevent water pollution.
Water pollution poses a serious public health problem. It also interferes with the use of natural resources and damages the environment.
Pollution can prevent people and wildlife from enjoying the full use of natural waters. For example, odors and floating debris may make boating and swimming unpleasant, and the risk of disease can make them unsafe.
- Polluted water can and have killed many species.
- Animals can eat garbage out of polluted water and die.
Solutions, Pro's, and Con's
We need to be careful of what fertilizers and pesticides we use on our lawn and garden, it can runoff in to any nearby water source and harm the ecosystem. Neighborhoods could enforce rules about the types of chemicals you can use on your lawns and gardens
- Water pollution can introduce new species to an area
- It can give jobs to people who want to help prevent it and clean the pollution
- It's cheaper for industries to dump there waste in a body of water
- Water pollution can help prevent humans from being near to the toxic waste
- To clean polluted water it can cost billions of dollars.
- Water pollution kills many animals and species because the animals habitats are ruined and they can eat garbage and die from it.
- Water pollution seriously affects the ecosystem.
- Water pollution disrupts the natural food chain because there many not be enough of an animals prey causing the predator to decrease in population.
- Drinking contaminated water causes disease like cholera, skin diseases and can also cause cancer, reproductive problems, typhoid and stomach ailments.
- Heavy metal poisoning in humans due to consumption of contaminated fish interferes with the proper function of the nervous system.
factories can find a better dumping zone to where they do not pollute the water. I like this solution because industries produce about half of water pollution. The other half is by sewage and litter.