Roadrunners, Let's Stay Connected
Crystal Springs Elementary School
The Weekly Wrap by Principal Nielsen- October 30th
Dear Crystal Springs Families,
The next supply pick-up day will be on November 18th for 1st- 5th grade from 2:00-6:00 pm. Save the date!
Picture retakes will be on December 16th- save the date!
Order your library books! All books are checked out for two weeks. To place a request or find out more about requesting library books, visit the Library Book Request webpage: http://go.nsd.org/csbookinfo
Anne Nielsen- Principal
Zoom tips for students and families
2. One thing people often forget about is lighting. Lighting is important. As you start to test out video meetings, you’ll notice that the location of different lights can cause shadows on your face. It is important to find lighting that allows people to see your face.
3. It is also important to be in a room that is quiet so that when a child asks/answers questions the teacher and other students can hear you and not the noise in the room. Finally, students should mute their audio when entering the meeting. It reduces feedback and overall noise for the group. Students can then click “unmute” to ask/answer questions.
You can turn in your child's piece on the drop off day at Crystal Springs- November 18th!
CommUNITY Liaisons- how can they help you?
1. Communicate your questions and concerns to assigned staff members.
2. Provide HW and Schoology support, through communication with the school.
3. Share the workload for events such as school supply pick up days.
4. Help build community in each neighborhood and strengthen the school community connection.
**If you do not know who your CommUNITY Liaison is, please email Mrs. Nielsen: