Holly Academy News & Views
January 17, 2020
Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet"
Join our Pack! Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues that Holly Academy's open enrollment period is now through March 6th. Our Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" is on Monday, February 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Prospective students and parents can come and meet the staff and discover what makes HA remarkable. #daretoberemarkable
Did You Know...
- By far, Holly Academy receives prospective Huskies from word of mouth?
- If you refer a family to Holly Academy and they fill out an application form you receive a $5 coffee card?
- If your referral results in the student/s enrolling and attending the following year, your student/s receive a free yearbook?
On February 6th, Holly Academy is hosting our annual Spelling Bee. Students may sign up in the main office. When signing up, be sure to pick up the word list and rules for the Spelling Bee. The Bee is divided into two categories: 3rd - 5th grade and 6th - 8th grade. The winner and runner up from each Bee will compete in the Michigan Charter School Spelling Bee at Trillium Academy in March. Parents and families are welcome to attend. Please see the flyer below for specific times. Dare to be remarkable, Huskies!
Spelling Bee Flyer
Update from the Accounting Department
Congratulations to Lucas Vetter!
Have you heard of LUCAS? It is a hands-free CPR device that allows first responders to provide extremely efficient CPR while freeing their hands to help others on the scene. Those that are in cardiac arrest and had CPR performed by LUCAS increase their chances of survival by 60%!!
Our very own Lucas Vetter has raised thousands of dollars to purchase the LUCAS device for several first responders in Livingston County. Lucas and his brothers have been invited to the State Capitol to be the guests of Senator Theis! They will be sitting on the Senate floor with all the other Senators while they are in session! Lucas will also share with everyone about his fundraising efforts on the Senate floor! The presentation and tribute to Lucas will be February 19th. It's great to be a Husky!!
The 2019-2020 Yearbook is now officially on sale! Don't miss out on the fantastic "Early Bird" price! From now until February 14th you can purchase your book for only $25. After the 14th they will be priced at $30. For an easy online option please go to:
Do NOT pay via REVTRAK for Holly Academy Yearbooks, the above link is your on-line payment option.
Middle School Shirt Form
- Jan. 20 - No school, MLK Jr. day
- Jan. 24 - Half day of school, dismiss at 11:30, free dress down day
- Jan. 29 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Jan. 31 - Music dress down day, $1.00
- Feb. 7 - PTO dress down, $1.00
- Feb 12 - Count day
- Feb. 13 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Feb 14 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 17 - No school
- Feb. 21 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Feb. 24 - Spring picture day
- Feb. 24 - Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" night at 6:00pm
- Feb. 26 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Feb. 27 - Parent/teacher conferences, 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 27 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 28 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
Subway Form for February
Scout Pack 220 is in need of leaders. A pack needs five leaders to recharter annually. We are currently unable to recharter the pack for 2020 which means a halt in meetings and activities. We currently have 27 students who will be impacted by the loss of this pack. If you are interested and able to become a leader, please contact Aaron Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January is Creativity Month! Do you like to get creative with hands-on activities? Camp Invention®, an exciting, weeklong summer adventure, will challenge you to use your creativity in all-new ways! In this program, you will use your imagination to create new ideas, design a sports complex and build a city using recyclable materials!
When: June 22-26th, 2020
Time: 9am-3:30pm (before/aftercare is available)
Where: Holly Academy
For children entering grades K - 6
SAVE $25 expires 3/31/20. Promo code DSB25
SAVE $15 use between 4/1/20-5/12/20. Promo code DSB15
Pizza Monday Volunteers Needed