LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
EARLY VOTING continues through Tuesday and Election Day will be on Saturday, May 7. Please visit the LCISD website for more information on the bond package.
STAAR Dates - mark your CALENDAR!
Monday, May 9
- 7th and 6th grade Math
- 8th grade Math Retakes
Tuesday, May 10
- 7th and 6th grade Reading
- 8th grade Reading Retakes
Wednesday, May 11
- 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12
- 8th grade US History
*** All morning appointments need to be rescheduled to afternoon times. Make-up STAAR testing will be Friday, May 13. Be sure students get lots of rest and a good breakfast.
Heart Screening for 2016-17 Freshman
Friday, May 20th, 8am
16302 Texas 493 Loop
Every student must have a signed consent form to participate. Your child can get a consent form from Coach Hopkins and Coach Davis. The screening will be in the Field House on Friday, May 20 during athletic, band and cheerleading periods.
For more information visit www.whoweplayfor.org
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Election Day - Saturday, May 7
On Election Day, LCISD residents may vote at any of the 40 vote centers located in Lubbock County, which includes two locations within the boundaries of Lubbock-Cooper ISD.
Lubbock-Cooper Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Woodrow Rd. and Hwy 87)
Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (3202 108th Street)
Sundown Middle School Golf Tournament
The Boys and Girls both won at Sundown Golf Tournament.
Here are the results:
* The boys were led by Mason Roberts and Hudson Carper with a score of 38.
* The girls were led by by scores of 49 by Macey Goodblanket, 57 from Kerstyn Byrd and Adi Harrist and a 61 from Holly Curry.
Way to go Pirates and Lady Pirates. Excellent job.
STAAR Tutoring ~ LAST WEEK
Spring Final Exams
Summer School Information
Summer School is just around to the corner and I will need parents to plan accordingly. We will begin to pull student's previous STAAR scores, unit assessments and final year grade in core course to determine if your child will need to attend summer school. Our summer school program will offer small group individualized instruction to close the learning gaps. Our summer school program will provide that extra attention your child needs to strengthen areas of math and reading. Please be looking for summer school letters to be mailed and plan accordingly.
* Summer School Dates: Monday, June 6 - Wednesday, June 22 from 8am-12pm @ Lubbock-Cooper Middle School
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 3 - EOC Exam for Algebra
- Tuesday, May 3 - MS Choir Spring Concert @ PAC (6pm)
- Thursday, May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
- Friday, May 6 - Nurse's Day
- Friday, May 6 - Greater Southwest Choir Festival in Amarillo (8:00am-Midnight)
- Friday, May 6 - Saturday, May 7 - Greater South West Band Festival in Amarillo
- Sunday, May 8 - Mother's Day
- Monday, May 9 - STAAR Math for 6th and 7th graders (8am-1pm)
- Monday, May 9 - 8th grade STAAR Math 2nd Administration
- Tuesday, May 10 - STAAR Reading for 6th and 7th graders (8am-1pm)
- Tuesday, May 10 - 8th grade STAAR Reading 2nd Administration
- Wednesday, May 11 - 8th grade STAAR Science (8am-1pm)
- Thursday, May 12 - 8th grade STAAR Social Studies (8am-1pm)
- Thursday, May 12 - MS Band Spring Concert @ PAC (7:30pm)
- Friday, May 13 - 6th grade Pre-Ath track Meet @ LCMS Track
- Saturday, May 14 - 8th grade Banquet
- Monday, May 16 - StuCo Dodge Ball Tournament Begins
- Tuesday, May 17 - 6th grade Band Festival @ PAC (8am-12pm)
- Wednesday, May 18 - Spring Final Review Sessionin class
- Thursday, May 19 - Spring Final Review Session in class
- Thursday, May 19 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, May 20 - 6th grade Class Awards @ PAC (8:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - 7th grade Class Awards @ PAC (10am)
- Friday, May 20 - 8th grade Class Awards @ PAC (11:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - Pirate Pride Day / Dodge Ball Finals
- Monday, May 23 - Thursday, May 26 - Spring Final Exams
- Thursday, May 26 - End of 6th Six Weeks
- Friday, May 27 - Summer Begins
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.