imagine, discover, create
Live & Local
- April 11 - Girls Who Code at UVA is hosting a Local Hack Day online. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and create! The event is open to all ages, time zones and skills! Register now!
- May 2 - Mark your calendar now for the kick-off of the Girls' Geek Day Challenge! Our awesome volunteer facilitators are working on creative challenges for you to embark on over the week. We will come together at 10am in an "opening circle" to kick-off a week of creative challenges. RSVP coming soon.
- May 10 - Mark your calendar now for the Girls' Geek Day Demo Party! We will come together at 10am in a "closing circle" to share challenges, successes and creations from the week. RSVP coming soon.
Virtual & Global
- Summer - Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program is now accepting applications. This free 7-week program is open to rising junior or senior high school students. More info and application.
- Ongoing - Girls Who Code Clubs where girls work in teams to design and build a Computer Science “CS” Impact Project that solves real world problems they care about through code.
- Ongoing - Made with Code for classes & workshops geared toward girls.
- Ongoing - The Connectory, find an opportunity near you to connect your child to STEM learning.
What We Offer
A monthly program hosted at elementary schools throughout the region. The goal of this event is to spark interest in technology and computing by providing a fun, collaborative, hands-on environment to learn new tech skills and helping them connect to other STEM programs in the community. This is an all-volunteer led effort with role models and mentors from the professional community as well as middle and high school students sharing their time and passion for STEM.
The program is a series of monthly meetups for girls in middle school. As much as possible, we will to go to company and organization sites to see tech in action, meet female role models and do cool hands-on activities.
The program is a collaboration with the UVa Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), St. Anne's-Belfield School and Tech-Girls. This experience provides an opportunity for high school students to get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes peek at biomedical research happening right now at UVA. Special emphasis is placed on sharing projects and meeting researchers, faculty & students that help incorporate technology & engineering into the field.
Tech-Girls Maker Club
Maker Club is open to all women & girls who are interested in learning together how to bring our wearable tech fashion ideas to life through sewing & soldering, programming & electronics and more.
This monthly newsletter highlights opportunities for girls to connect with STEM programs that are local as well as online.