imagine, discover, create
Live & Local
- June 25 (deadline) - Bio-Med Tech-Girls is back for its 8th year, August 9-13! The program is a collaboration between the UVA Department of Biomedical Engineering and Charlottesville Women in Tech. Last summer, we took Bio-Med Tech-Girls online and were able to have participants from around the country. We are continuing the online format during the week of August 9-13 which will be filled with guest speakers, hands-on activities, and a design challenge focused on telemedicine. Applications are open for 9th-12th grade students who identify as female or nonbinary. Apply now!
- July 8 at 4:30pm - Empathy & Game Design with Eileen, research scientist and biomedical engineer at Barron Associates, is part of the Tech-Girls Online Middle School Workshop Series. This workshop focuses on using empathy as part of game design. Registration is free, but space is limited.
- July 24 at 10:00am - 3D modeling in Tinkercad with Fang Yi, Educational Technologist at the UVA Library, is part of the Tech-Girls Online Middle School Workshop Series. Participants will get hands-on exploring 3D design and printing. Registration is free, but space is limited.
- August 5 at 4:30pm - Computational modeling in Python with Dr. Julie Quinn, Assistant Professor in Engineering Systems and Environment at UVA, is part of the Tech-Girls Online Middle School Workshop Series. Participants will get behind-the-scenes of decision-making under climate change uncertainty. Registration is free, but space is limited.
- August 7 at 10:00am - Make a Song with Meghna is part of the Tech-Girls Online Middle school Workshop Series. Participants will get hands-on with Python, coding a song and learning how composing music and programming have a lot in common. Registration is free, but space is limited.
- August 28 at 10:00am - Robot Design with Sarah & Kim is part of the Tech-Girls Online Middle school Workshop Series. Participants will explore robotics past, present & future! Registration is free, but space is limited.
- Tech-Girls - Create a New Story! What's it like to work in tech? Find out from folks working in tech right here in Charlottesville. Tech-Girls is excited to launch Create a New Story in collaboration with Charlottesville Women in Tech, Charlottesville Business Innovation Council and SPARK! CS powered by STAB to help you create your story in tech!
- Computers4Kids combines mentoring and technology to prepare youth for brighter futures. Participation is free and open to all students in 6th-12th grades who are eligible for free or reduced lunches at school. More info.
Virtual & Global
- July 31 (deadline) 2021 Change the Game Design Challenge is a game design contest where winners earn a free Game dev crash course with Girls Make Games and a brand new Chromebook. Open to US and Canada based teens (ages 13-18). More info.
- Girls Who Code at Home Activities - free CS activities released weekly on Mondays.
- The Connectory, find an opportunity near you to connect your child to STEM learning.
- TechGirlz Virtual Workshops are open to girls in 6th-8th grade. All workshops are free and scheduled to run in Eastern Time.
Tech-Girls was founded in 2012 by Kim Wilkens (aka Miss-Bit). Tech-Girls is all about empowering girls to imagine and achieve their future dreams in our tech-savvy world. We help girls imagine possibilities, discover their potential and create the solutions of the future! In 2015, Tech-Girls joined forces with Charlottesville Women in Tech, a 501c3 non-profit.