4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of October 12-16, 2015
What are we learning about this week?
- Point of view
- Character traits
- Relationship between fractions and division
- Decomposing fractions (e.g. knowing that 3/8 = 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8)
- Fractions & mixed numbers
- Personal narrative composition
- Review adverbs
- Review prepositions
- Sitton Spelling Unit 7: oh, person, hot, anything, hold
- Review Properties of Matter Unit
- Properties of Matter Unit District Assessment
- Archaic Indians
Our Current Week
- No school for students due to parent/teacher conferences
- Orange Specials Day
- Yellow Specials Day
- District Science Assessment for Properties of Matter Unit
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
- No weekly skills check for math
Note: Please let us know if your child does not have access to an internet-connected device at home to complete online assignments so that we can come up with an alternate plan for your child.
- Read for 80 minutes between Monday and Sunday
- Complete reading homework in Google Classroom under the class Mrs. Eddy's Homework (due Sunday night). (Click here for help with your LISD Google log-in information.)
Please note that all other assignments in Google Classroom outside of the Mrs. Eddy's Homework classroom are for school work and do not need to be completed at home!
- Unfinished spelling work from class
Complete at least three FULL sessions with Xtra Math anytime between Monday and Sunday of this week. One session typically takes about 5-7 minutes and you will know you have completed a session when you see the sign out screen. Students' login information for Xtra Math is taped inside their take home binders.
Your help is needed to keep our students safe during student drop-off and pick-up each day. Please only drop-off and pick-up students on the designated pick up/drop off spots. It is extremely unsafe to drop-off students on the curb, along Park Street.
As a reminder, the VRHS Ag Barn driveway may not be used to pull-in and drop-off students. VRHS students need full access to their driveway at all times, and congestion in that driveway area is a safety hazard for students approaching the crosswalk area. As always, the parking lot at Gupton stadium can be used as an alternative to park your car and take a brief walk to the school.
A Note from Mr. Brymer about the Veterans Day Program
Dear 4th Grade Parents-
Preparations for our Veterans Day Program are moving along rapidly. The kids are excited and are maturing daily before my eyes.
Below are links to 2 of the songs we will perform. The links are free, but they contain only about 1/2 of the song. I am hoping that you will share these links with your child to let them practice at home. You will be amazed at the improvement it makes at their program! Lyrics went home already, but a copy is attached just in case.
We will also perform the Star Spangled Banner and Lee Greenwood's Proud to be an American. I am not comfortable sending you a Youtube link for those. You never know what you will get. If you want to let them purchase an itunes version, or go on Youtube that is strictly up to you!
I look forward to seeing you on November 11th!
Sign Up for Parent/Teacher Conferences
Your child's 4th grade school year is well under way and it is time for parent/teacher conferences! We invite the parents of all of our students to join us in the coming weeks for a conference. Most conferences will be held on Monday, October 12 while the students are off of school, but we will also hold conferences on some other dates in order to offer enough options to accommodate all parents. You may choose whether to sign up for an in-person conference or a phone conference. If you would like to meet with us but none of the options work with your schedule, please contact your child's homeroom teacher and we will be happy to come up with an alternative time. Please click here to sign up for a conference.
Conference slots are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, so don't delay in signing up!
What to expect the day of conferences:
- Your 4th grader is welcome to join us for the conference if you wish.
- We will meet in Mrs. Weltzin's classroom (room 2402).
- We will have about 15 minutes to meet to discuss your child's progress and any questions or concerns you may have.
- Please be aware that our conference schedule is tight and arrive promptly for your designated time. If we find that we need more time with you than the allotted window and we have a conference immediately after you, we will ask if we can continue our conversation via phone, email, or at another time. Please understand that we are in no way trying to brush you off, but rather attempting to respect everyone's time and crazy schedules.
- On-site conferences during the school day will need to check in at the front office. On-site conferences after school hours will need to enter through the front doors of the school but will not need to check in at the front desk as the school day is over.
Note that if we have already met with you recently, you do not need to schedule a conference now, unless you have further questions or concerns at this time. We look forward to meeting with you soon and working together with you to make your child's 4th grade year a success!
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Glue sticks