General Trass High School
At-Home Learning Options
The PSN number is the last five digits of the STUDENTS' social security number.
Below is a list of technology resources available to teachers, parents and students.
INTERNET ACCESS Home Internet Offers
● Offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020.
$5/mo or $10/mo thereafter, depending on your speed.
● AT&T has expanded eligibility for its low-cost $10 per month Internet plan, Access from AT&T, to households participating in the National School Lunch Program/Head Start.
● Waiving all home internet data overage fees
● Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone
● Pausing our data plan
● No disconnects or late fees
● Internet Essentials Free to New Customers
● Limited-time, first month free for new Connect2Compete service, $9.95/month thereafter
● Until May 15, 2020, Cox is providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs
● Free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
● Spectrum Internet Assist, a high-speed broadband program that provides eligible low-income households Internet with speeds of 30 Mbps.
● Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across its service area for public use.
Altice (Optimum and Suddenlink)
● Offering Altice Advantage Internet solution free for 60 days to any new customer household
with K-12 and/or college students who do not currently have home internet within their
footprint. After your first two free months expire, you can either cancel the service (which you
can do at any time) or keep it as a regular paying Altice Advantage Internet customer.
● If you live in the Optimum service area, please call 866.200.9522
● If you live in the Suddenlink service area, please call 888.633.0030
Mobile Internet Options
PCs for People
● Offering nationwide high-speed 4G LTE internet service. Plans are prepaid with no credit check or hidden fees. PCs for People now ships all modems, so your devices should arrive in 3-5 business days.
● Plans start at $15 for 1 month up to $180 for 12 months Sprint 1 million project
● Providing assistance to school districts on implementing e-learning plans where there is a
need for additional devices to connect K-12 students without home internet access.
● ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have
unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
● T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data an
additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days.
● Working with their Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.
● Increasing the data allowance for schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has access to at least 20GB of data per month for the next 60 days.
● MetroSmart Hotspot devices will be half off, and the $35 per month data plan will include 20GB — double the normal monthly data — for the next 60 days.
Boost Mobile (Sprint)
● Customers will automatically receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3 through April 30, 2020.
● Waiving reconnection fees for customers through April 30, 2020.
● Customers currently on an unlimited data plan with Boost Mobile, will automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of mobile hotspot on their plans at no extra cost through April 30, 2020.
● Customers currently on a tiered plan with Boost Mobile, will automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of data on their plans at no extra cost through April 30, 2020. No need to call or update your account.
Shout out to our amazing faculty for the work they have done to bring At Home Learning to GTHS students! Our level of urgency to serve students heightened exponentially and teachers rose beyond that level in every way.
Finally, a huge thank you to our parents and guardians! Your willingness to be flexible in this time of rapid change and movement has encouraged us in our work. Continue to have patience with us as we navigate our new teaching model. Together, we can do this work and do it well. We appreciate your support!