CALLING ALL #NACAMAM GRAD STUDENTS!
APPLY FOR A #NACAMAM GRAD INTERN POSITION BY MAY 1
Graduate Intern Position Description:
There are four Graduate Intern positions open for the 2015 NACA Mid America Regional Conference. Each Graduate Intern will be paired with a mentor within the region. Mentors will be seasoned student affairs professionals.
The four graduate interns will individually provide support for the conference in one of the following areas (areas will be assigned):
- Block Booking
- CAMP (Campus Activities Marketplace)
- Educational Sessions
- Social Media
- Attend Regional Conference Planning Committee (RCPC) pre-conference
- Attend pre-conference luncheon with other Graduate Interns and the Graduate Intern Coordinator
- Attend Professional Development Luncheon during the conference
- Present an educational session with assigned mentor at the conference
- Communicate regularly with mentor; meet with mentor while at the conference
- Attend graduate student programs while at the conference
- Duties assigned to their specific area of support
- Must be a current graduate student in the NACA Mid America region
- Intend to work in Higher Education upon completion of graduate school
- NACA institutional membership is preferred, but not required
- A letter indicating institutional support for the volunteer application is required when applying for the position (Note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
- Attendance is required for the duration of the regional conference
Each intern will receive a complimentary conference registration, ticket to the Professional Development luncheon, and 1/2 cost of a double room rate for Wednesday night for attending the RCPC pre-conference meeting.
Graduate Assistant, Campus Center at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis
2014 NACA Mid America Graduate Intern for Social Media
"The NACA Mid America graduate internship experience allowed me to gain a better insight into the National Association for Campus Activities enabling me to better use the resources the association offers members. I really enjoyed working with the NACA MAM team as everyone was very welcoming and open to sharing advice to the grad interns."
Graduate Assistant, University Activities Office at Michigan State University
2014 NACA Mid America Graduate Intern for Block Booking
Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email from the 2015 Graduate Intern Coordinator to schedule a brief phone interview during the week of May 3.
Director of Student Activities, University of Indianapolis
Graduate Intern Coordinator, 2015 NACA Mid America Regional Conference