Welcome to Week 18
Welcome to the New Year Fancher Creek Families,
The week prior to break saw the true spirit of giving! We are fortunate to be part of a community that takes care of one another. Thank you for your generosity this holiday season.
London Properties donated 10 bikes to very deserving 6th grade students. Congrats to our winners and a big THANK YOU to our donor!
Canned Food Drive
Our canned food drive was a success with over 1200 units of food being donated by Fancher Creek families. We partnered with Clovis East High School and other area elementary schools to donate 56,507 units of food total to our local Food bank. Thank you so much for your generosity! Thank you to Mr. Rick and Mrs. Yrlas for helping the kids to load the truck and thank you to Ms. Erhesman and Ms. Olsen for driving the truck to the food bank as part of the Clovis East area convoy!
Clovis East students spread holiday cheer by hand-delivering candy canes to each one of our students. Thank you for showing our future T-Wolves what it means to be kind, be a T-Wolf.
Canned Food Drive
Free Covid Test Kits for Students
Varsity Basketball @CEHS West Gym
Friday, Jan. 7th, 2:15pm
2940 Leonard Avenue
JV Basketball and Wrestling @TK
Friday, Jan. 7th, 2:15pm
1448 North Armstrong Avenue
Good Luck Falcons!
Our Falcon athletes will be traveling to Temperance Kutner on Friday to compete against the TK Trojans. TK is located on Armstrong just south of Olive Ave. Please do not park in loading zones or red fire lanes. School dismissal is at 3:15 PM, so expect significant traffic if leaving or arriving at that time. See health requirements & game times below.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- This sport is played inside which means that all spectators MUST wear masks (covering nose & mouth)
- There will be a limited number of chairs set for home & away guests
- Guests are asked to physically distance while on campus
- We may have to limit the number of guests inside the cafeteria based on our cafeteria's capacity (determined by the Fresno Fire Department)
- All games will be played on the blacktop
- Guests are asked to bring their own chairs or blankets to watch the game
- Guests are asked to physically distance, but are not required to wear masks since the games are outdoors
- JV Wrestling begins at 2:15 PM
- Varsity Wrestling begins at 3:00 PM
- Boys' Basketball (JV & Varsity) begins at 2:15 PM
- Girls' Basketball (JV & Varsity) begins at 3:15 PM
This Week's Highlights
- Monday - Last Day of Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday - Drama - 7:00 AM in Library - Student Council Meeting - 7:30 AM in Room 12
Science Fair Meeting, American Sign Language Club, and Chess Club @ 5th/6th Lunch
Winter Sports Practice (Girls' Basketball, Boys' Basketball, & Wrestling) - 3:05-4:05 PM Folklorico Practice - 3:05-4:05 PM - Destination Imagination - 3:05-4:05 PM
Art Club - 3:05-4:05 PM
- Wednesday - CHARACTER DAY (Wear your shirt or color) - Early Release Day - 10:45 AM for AM Kindergarten & 1:30 PM for PM Kinder-6th Grades - History Day Meeting - 7:30 AM in Room 31 - Cheer Practice - 3:05-4:45 PM (NOTE: Longer practice times have started to prepare for Area Spirit Night)
- Thursday - Drama - 7:00 AM in Library - GATE - 7:30 AM in Room 7 - American Sign Language Club @ 5th/6th Lunch -Robotics 3:05-4:05 PM -Art Club 3:05-4:05 PM - Folklorico Practice - 3:05-4:05 PM - Hmong Dance Practice - 3:05-4:05 PM - Destination Imagination - 3:05-4:05 PM
- Friday - SPIRIT DAY (Wear your Falcon Gear or School Colors) -Away Games vs. Temperance Kutner - See Game Schedule & Guidelines Above - 2:15 PM
- Saturday - Wolfpack Wrestling Invitational - see below for details - 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Important Dates for January
- January 3rd - Last Day of Winter Break - No School
- January 6th - Character Day - Wear your character shirt/color
- January 7th - Games @ T-K - Wear your FC spirit wear/colors
- January 8th - Wolfpack Wrestling Invitational @ CEHS - All Day
- January 14th - End of 2nd Quarter
- January 14th - Home Games vs. Oraze - Wear your FC spirit wear/colors
- January 17th - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Observed - No School - Campus Closed
- January 21st - Report Cards Go Home
Art Club Begins!
Wolfpack Wrestling Invitational
Saturday, Jan. 8th, 8:30am
2940 Leonard Avenue
Coach Jones and Coach Benson will be coaching our wrestlers at the Wolfpack Invitational. This is a great opportunity for our wrestlers to get some additional mat time as well as experience a wrestling tournament. I know I will be out there cheering our Falcons on - I hope you will be as well!!
Saturday, Jan. 8th, 2022
8:30am - Clovis East Gym
Medals for 1st - 8th Place
Team Trophy for 1st - 3rd
Positivity Project Weekly Focus - Optimism
School Board Recognition Month
January is School Board Recognition Month. In this time of unprecedented challenges in nearly every sector of life, our board members have worked tirelessly to help our district establish new ways of ensuring students continue to learn.
Board members are our elected representatives and a vital link between the school district and the community. During this challenging year, the Clovis Unified Board of Trustees has worked to ensure that learning continues in the midst of the pandemic.
I hope you will join me in saluting our hard-working board members for their support of our students through effective policies and for their continuing advocacy for more resources at the state level. Read more about our CUSD Board Members here: https://www.cusd.com/BoardMembers.aspx
Take a moment to thank Yolanda Moore, our Area 7 Trustee, who represents the families of Fancher Creek at the monthly board meetings. firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE DIGITAL BOOKS!
All pre-K to 12th-grade students in California can access and download digital books and articles for FREE through Jan. 31, 2022! All books downloaded during this time can be kept and accessed at any time.
The California Department of Education has partnered with Renaissance Learning to provide thousands of digital books in English and Spanish, as well as news articles in English, Spanish or French, through www.myON.com.
Follow these simple steps to login and start reading:
1. Go to www.myon.com and click on “myON login”
2. Sign in using the single statewide shared account credentials
- School Name: Gift of Literacy
- Username: myon
- Password: read
3. Select a book or news article and start reading!
More information can be found here: https://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/el/le/yr21ltr1201.asp.
Rain and Bad Air Quality Days
Just a reminder that we have entered another common time for Bad Air Quality Days. If we receive two back-to-back (hourly) Level 5 air quality readings, we must cancel all outdoor activities. These hourly readings are watched carefully by our administration and office staff and parents will be notified by email and text as soon as our air quality is no longer safe for outdoor activities. Indoor practices and club meetings will be held as scheduled since indoor activities are not affected by the air quality. If these readings happen during the school day, recesses will be moved inside and our lunch periods will shift to make sure all students are eating inside. If the rain does arrive, basketball and any club that cannot be moved inside will be canceled. Cancelation decisions are made by 1:00 PM each day and parents will receive notification shortly after that.