March 2020: Family Edition
A publication of the OHM BOCES Safety Office
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource (from National Association of School Psychologists)
Coronavirus Triple Duty: Working, Parenting, And Teaching From Home:
Managing Anxiety and Stress
Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Academic Resources for families
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
History for Kids
Handwashing - It's a Family Affair
Since most of us have extra time at home with our kids, why not take the time to reinforce handwashing with them one more time. Attached is a poster from the CDC to help you out!
Stress Reduction Tips: Keeping Your Sanity In a Pandemic
- Take definitive self-relaxation breaks. A mentally healthy you = a mentally healthy family.
- Take time to deep breathe as an actual exercise of relaxation. In through the nose, out through the mouth.
- Move about and do some form of light to moderate exercise in an acceptable, socially distanced format.
- Take walks and view things in nature that you have never taken in before.
- Eat meals at ritual intervals. Eat healthy and clean.
- Organize your workspace and make it work-friendly.
- Take a mini meditative 'vacation' for a few minutes each day. Visualize positive scenery.
- Do a hobby that you enjoy!
- Read an escape novel.
- Get plenty of rest and hydrate.