May 27th Second Inclement Weather Day
May 27th is listed as a “Teacher Work Day/Professional Development Day.” Campuses will design professional development experiences for staff on this day and/or it can be a teacher work day. Teachers should be in attendance to work on this day, however, if a teacher requests an absence, use the following as your guide in decision-making. Board Policy DEC Local addresses this under “Schedule Limitations”
“Discretionary use of leave shall not be allowed on the first day of school, the day before a school holiday, the day after a school holiday, days scheduled for end-of-semester or end-of-year examinations, days scheduled for state-mandated assessments or other District-approved tests, or professional development days.
The principal may approve use of personal leave on these days after considering the effect of the employee’s absence on the educational program or District operations, as well as the availability of substitutes.”
The Faculty Meeting will be held Wednesday, April 13. The morning meeting will begin at 8:20 and the afternoon meeting at 4:30.
- Special Education students enrolled in rigorous courses and accommodations.
- 2016-2017 Professional Development Calendar
- School Business and Subs
- Ali Chase
- Staffing /Master Schedule Update
- AVID Presentation: Michael Abney
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) Team
- Mandatory Tutorials
- June 6
Please complete the PBIS survey
Click on the following link and complete the survey
If you would like to supervise Saturday School and earn a stipend, please contact me with your interest. Saturday School will be from 9-12. Those earning the stipend are asked to be here from 8:30-12:30.
Campus Initiatives and Updates
Lions Lunch/Mandatory Tutorials (Update)
Mon- Social Studies/Elective Tues- LOTE/Elective Weds-Math/PE/Health
Thur-English/CATE Friday- Science/Professional Communication
- The Leadership Team will meet April 14th during 7th period to discuss mandatory tutorials. If you have any questions/concerns, please forward them to your department chair.
- Remember, only an administrator can remove a student from mandatory tutorials. We will go to four period lunches on April 20th to issue new stickers (different color).
Please complete the PBIS survey. This will help guide our work as we promote a more respectful, positive and safe learning environment.
Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS)
If you are interested in serving as a mentor to one or several students moving over to EAST next year, please let me know. Those students trying AP for the first time will need a familiar face and trusted adult to encourage them and to the course.