Family Update OVLC 4K-6th Grade
Information for the week of 1/18 - 1/22
2020-2021 OVLC Smore
Thank you for reading our weekly update! Here are some highlights:
- No School for Students: Monday (1/18) & Tuesday (1/19)
- K5-6th Grade MAP Assessment Information
- Current 4K-3rd Grade Next Year OVLC Interest Survey (LINK)
- Important January & February Dates
- Process to request transferring back to Face-to-Face Instruction (for trimester 3)
- And MORE!
4K-6th Grade OVLC Principal
Clarification for OVLC: January 20 Schedule Change
On Wednesday, OVLC families received an all District communication from Dr. Rindo regarding the learning strategy change for intermediate and OHS students beginning the second semester on January 20. These changes affect students currently enrolled in face-to-face learning, not OVLC students. Students enrolled in the OVLC online learning model will continue their normal online instruction.
Any family with students in grades 4K-8 interested in their child returning to face-to-face instruction from OVLC will have the opportunity to request a transfer for the start of the 3rd trimester. Please reference the following deadline dates to request this change.
Grades 4K-8 Deadlines for 3rd Trimester:
- Deadline to complete the form requesting a transfer into or out of the OVLC = February 12, 2021.
- First day of 3rd Trimester = March 1, 2021.
- Intermediate & Elementary Families: Complete this online form to request a move between OVLC and an intermediate or elementary school.
Important January & February Dates
January 18th & 19th... No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development Days)
January 26th, January 28th, & February 2nd... In Person MAP Assessments (details below)
Week of February 1st & 8th... Virtual MAP Assessments (details below)
February 18th (TH) & February 19th (FRI)... No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development Days
February 26th... End of 2nd Trimester (report cards posted 3/5)
Kindergarten - 6th Grade: MAP Assessment Information
For In-Person Testing: Please bring a headset to your assessment.
For At-Home Virtual Testing:
Please charge the Chromebook before the the assessment. It is helpful to have the Chromebook plugged in during the test.
Current 4K - Current 3rd Grade Families
As we plan for the 2021-22 school year, we are seeking feedback to inform planning for an online elementary option. We are currently looking to continue OVLC for grades 5-12 and if there is enough interest, we will move forward with K-4 program planning.
We understand it may be difficult to decide the best educational option for the next school year while we’re still in the midst of the current public health challenges. While some families chose the OVLC in 2020-21 primarily for health safety reasons, we recommend families make this decision going forward based on which educational model will be most conducive to their child’s long-term (post-pandemic) academic, social, and emotional success.
Please use this LINK to indicate interest no later than February 1st.
Britney Is Motivated!
Britney (5th) shared in our Motivation Monday (1/11) Padlet that she is feeling motivated to work extra hard in math, specifically fractions!
Lola Set Goals!
Lola (5K) has a 2021 goal to spend more time reading. She explains her plan in our "Hello, 2021" Padlet that during quiet time, she will take at least 2 books from her bin to read and make a sticker chart to do RAZ Kids during the week!
Cora Authored a Nonfiction Book!
Cora (2nd) wrote a chapter book teaching about Komodo Dragons! Her book included chapters that tell the reader interesting facts about this large lizard, about the habitat, how it hunts for prey, and about baby Komodo Dragons!
Britney Is Motivated!
Lola Set Goals!
Transitioning Back to Face to Face
Elementary Schools and Intermediate Schools
Transition between Face-to-Face and Oconomowoc Virtual Learning Community
Third Trimester Transition
Yearbooks for 2020-21 School Year
Mrs. Lang's Virtual Office
- OVLC Calendar: Links to announcements and newsletters.
- Announcements: Emailed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Mrs. Lang Read Aloud: Read alouds are added on Sundays. If you don't have time on Sunday, you can take a listen anytime! All of the read alouds will remain on THIS page!
Oconomowoc High School Baseball Camp
- Exploring OVLC Spiritwear options
- Exploring an OVLC Facebook page (similar to buildings) to support communication
- Generating ideas for FUN events for our students
The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 9th at 7PM. A Zoom meeting link will be shared as the date approaches.
OLVC Library Book Pickup and Access
Students also have access to E-texts via Overdrive using their Classlink account.
Student is unable to attend any live sessions or complete any assignments for the day
Student is unable to attend live sessions but can complete work during part of the day or after 3:30 p.m.
- Contact teacher via email by 9:00 a.m.
Please contact your home school office with any questions.