African Innovation Hunt
Join Netexplorateur + UCT Graduate School of Business
Explore and Learn: spot the hottest tech coming out of Africa
Netexplorateur in conjunction with UCT GSB are hosting a morning of insight and exploration into what startup technological innovation in Africa looks like in 2012.
Netexplorateur is a global observatory on digital society. Every year Netexplorateur partners with universities around the world to spot the most important new technologies that will shape our lives and societies. The entrepreneurs behind the top 100 technologies every year are celebrated at an annual event hosted at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
In this 3 hour session you'll learn how to spot stand-out technologies from the rest, and then participate in an online "jam session" where teams will compete to find the hottest new technologies in Africa.
Dave Duarte (host): Digital Business Educator and Entrepreneur @daveduarte
Nic Haralambous: CEO & Co-Founder of MoTribe @nicharry
Barbara Malinson: CEO & Founder, Obami @barbsmall
Max Kaizen: Public Lead, Creative Commons @maxkaizen
African Tech Innovation Hunt at Truth
Saturday, Sep. 15th 2012 at 10:30am-12:30pm
36 Buitenkant St
Cape Town, WC
Spectacular coffee comes standard for powering up weekend synapses.
Where we'll be on Saturday morning
Hugely grateful to David Donde for opening the glorious new Truth for this session
Netexplorateur Global Observatory
Bring your brain out to play. RSVP here:
Okay, the scary part: there are only 20 places available.So click ONLY if you can make it please >> I'm in!
- Please bring your own device/s to get online (laptop/tablet/phone)
- Free wifi we have, thanks to Truth!
- Delectable coffee and nibbles - so prepare your wallet, we know you'll be tempted by more than one cup of the dark stuff.
What?! you still need more convincing?
What you'll get out of this morning:
- Be inspired by world-leading innovation that is emerging from Africa.
- Discover which African tech startups have succeeded in Africa in the past 3 years, and what differentiates them from those that have not succeeded.
- How to identify innovative technology opportunities.
- Learn about the process of Agile Development, launching and pivoting that most succesful technology startups go through.
- Contribute to UNESCOs global search from high-potential new technologies, and help African technologies be showcased on a global stage.