Advantage Arts Academy | October 22nd, 2021
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 25- Violin Club 3:15-4:15
- Tuesday, October 26- Play Practice 3:30
- Wednesday, October 27- Star Student Luncheon
- Wednesday, October 27- Art Club 3:15-4:15
- Wednesday, October 27- Violin Club 3:15-4:15
- Thursday, October 28- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 2:30)
- Thursday, October 28- Fall Festival 4:30PM-7:00PM
- Friday, October 29- Halloween Parade 9:25-9:45AM
- Friday, October 29- Halloween Parties
- Friday, October 29- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Monday, November 1- Violin Club 3:15-4:15
- Tuesday, Drama Club Practice- 3:30
- Wednesday, November 3-Art Club 3:15-4:15
- Wednesday, November 3- Birthday Table for August and November birthdays
- Thursday, November 4-Student Government 3:30
- Friday, November 5 - Picture Retake Day
- Friday November 5- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
FALL FESTIVAL IS THIS THURSDAY, October 28th!!!!
Early Out 2:30 - We are releasing students early on Thursday so staff can prepare for the Fall Carnival
4:30-7:00 p.m. Fall Carnival If the weather is bad, we will hold the carnival in the building.
Please have your children bring a bag to collect the candy and prizes they will win!
Costumes are not required for this event. There will be a DJ ,, jump houses and a hot dog, chip, drink meal will be only $2.00 . There will be lots of games and prizes.
Our school has done extremely well with low transmission of COVID cases. We would ask that you consider wearing a mask to this event for the safety of everyone if you are a high risk individual , especially if we move indoors due to the weather. I am leaving this decision up to individual families. Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID.
Halloween Parade and Costume Information
Parade 9:00AM- Students in K-3rd grade will parade through the school and 4th-6th will be in the halls upstairs watching the younger students parade.
P.M. kindergarten will do a short parade through lower grades right after arrival.
Weather Permitting students will continue the parade outside around the school so that parents in their cars can enjoy the parade. We are planning on heading outside approximately 9:15-9:25AM.
Costume guidelines for Friday, October 29th Halloween activities:
Students may come to school in costume
Face paint is permissible
NO props or equipment that is unsafe
NO weapons (even replica weapons) may be brought on school grounds
NO Masks (costumes may not completely hide the identity of the student) Students will be in regular classes all morning, so we want them to be able to see! Masks may be worn during the parade only!
Star Student Luncheon
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STUDENTS ARE TAKING CARE OF THEIR ADVANTAGE ARTS LIBRARY BOOKS!
There are 2 ways you can donate funds or books to the library.
1: You can find our Advantage Arts Academy Library wish list through Amazon at the link below and purchase books directly from Amazon. You can choose from there to have to books shipped directly to the school or ship them to you and bring them into the office.
2: You can follow the link below for the campaign created by a close friend of Mrs. Evans per the request of her family. The money donated to this campaign is used by Miss Loni, our Librarian, to purchase books directly from the Scholastic website and each book purchased through the campaign will have an "A reader Lives A Thousand Lives, Honoring Lisa Evans" campaign plate on the inside cover of each book.
HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE VOLUNTEERED FOR THE FALL FESTIVAL THIS THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!
WE WILL BE NEEDING VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH THE BOOK FAIR NOVEMBER 8th to NOVEMBER 11th!!!! If you are interested in helping with the upcoming book fair, please contact Miss Loni firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for volunteers with tiling experience that could help install a tile mural that the students worked on last year. The mural will be indoors and is about 8'x5'. If you or someone you know could help with the tools and installation please contact the art teacher, Mrs. Redd at email@example.com
Our NEXT Big Event is SPIRIT WEEK November 15th-November 19th. Ask your teacher how you can get involved with making spirit week Amazing!!!!
After School Clubs
ART CLUB IS FULL FOR THIS SEMESTER!!!!!
There WILL BE Art Club on this Wednesday, OCTOBER 27th! If you have not paid your students $40 Art Club fee, please be sure to stop in the front office to pay it.
There will be play practice for drama club for the students that made it for a kid version of A Christmas Carol at 3:30 Tuesday! The list for the students that make it into the play was posted a couple of weeks ago. Those students will have practice each Tuesday at 3:30 leading up to the performance in December. This will be for grades 4th-6th ONLY! Younger siblings WILL need to be picked up on time after school.
Please Email Miss Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade Student and is on MONDAY OR WEDNESDAY from 3:15-4:15. Students in the Violin Music Club will need go straight to ROOM 210 (Next to Ms. Thompson's 5th grade room) after school. On the day your student has club, larger instruments can be brought into the front office in the morning and must be picked up on the way to Room 210.PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE PAID YOUR $40 VIOLIN CLUB FEE
Email Beth at email@example.com for more information or questions.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Monday, October 25 - Muffin or Flavored Bread
- Tuesday, October 26 - Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Burrito
- Wednesday, October 27 - Pancakes or Waffle Sandwich
- Thursday, October 28 - Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Pizza
- Friday, October 29 - Breakfast Taco or Breakfast Crumble
- Monday, October 25 - Waffle or Pancake on a Stick
- Tuesday, October 26 - Beef Hard Taco or Turkey Sandwich
- Wednesday, October 27 - Homemade Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or BLT Sandwich
- Thursday, October 28- Popcorn Chicken or Pulled Pork
- Friday, October 29 - Hot Dog Wrap or Meatball Sliders
Sending Lunch From Home?
Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
Become Part of Our Advantage Arts Academy Team!!!!
Advantage Arts Academy is still looking for a READING TEACHING ASSISTANT, MUSIC TEACHER, AFTER SCHOOL CLUB ART TEACHER and AFTER SCHOOL CLUB CHOIR TEACHER.