Math Vertical Team Meeting
Oct 15 2015
Grade Level Concepts
Math Vertical Alignment
Purpose of Vertical Team
- Reflection on our progress
students throughout the grade levels
Dates: Jan. 6; Mar 1; Apr 13; May 18 ~ 4:15 - 5:15 pm ~ Room 401 Ms. Cajayon
5th Science - 74% Passing - District 76% *1st in our cluster
4th Math - Huge gains in students from Sept to Oct CP
Share out from Grade Level Teams
Family Math Night - Monday, Nov 16th 6:00PM to 7:30PM
Lunch Bowl Games beginning Friday, Oct 30th
Need internet permission info.
Norms for Math Instruction
- Daily warm-up routine - Today's Number/Fact Fluency/Marcy Cook Tile activities
- 3 or 4 step on ALL homework & classwork (typically 4 problems beginning in 1st grade)
- No Arrows in 3 or 4 step
- Creating and/or reviewing anchor charts daily.
- Small group purposeful talk= turn & talk
- Critical writing weekly
- Timed assessments (displaying timer for students to view)
- Small group instruction 2-3x weekly with designated area ready for use at all times
- IMNs go home daily
Element of Surprise/ Quick Doodle -- "Square Up" / "Stand Up, Hand Up, Pair Up"
- Have students pick a color tile.
- Then show a word or problem associated with each color. Each color having its own word, picture, or problem.
- Student can quickly doodle about the word, picture, or problem. They can use words, numbers, or pictures.
- When they are done writing, they will stand up, put their hand up, and pair up to share.
- When done, thank the person for sharing, put their hand up, and pair up to someone else.
- The student will discuss what they have learned about this topic with 3 individuals then have a seat.