A Look Ahead to the Week
That's a lot of Science
- Researchers have recently been able to find out "what an organism learned before it died" by slicing up its brain and measuring the properties of specific neurons.
- Harvard recently made cyborg tissue that acted incredibly human.
- Scientists successfully teleported something on a very, very small scale.
- Scientists successfully imported "false memories" into mice.
- New research suggests that water is being delivered via comets in other solar systems just as it was on Earth.
- Tiny little nanobots that hunt and kill cancer cells are in the works (epic battles between bots and cells will ensue on a teeny tiny scale).
- People will soon be able to see 3x better than 20/20 with bionic lenses.
- Babies in Britain could soon be made via tripe parent in vitro fertilization, and could help prevent many diseases.
- New calculations show that there are probably billions of solar systems in the Milky Way with planets that could hold life.
- Scientists have successfully mapped the epigenome, which switches specific genes on and off.
Bad Joke of the Week
We've all seen those pictures on the internet of parents naming their child "hashtag" or "yolo", but we've always imagined that it couldn't possibly be real...right? Wrong, let's take a look at some crazy names that people have actually named their kids.
- Jazz (for real?)
- Swayze (at least they won't need a fake rapper name)
- Jedi (come on people, I like Star Wars too but that's too much)
- Xzander (this one just sounds like they couldn't choose which way to spell it)
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, February 15
Tuesday, February 16
- Grades 9-12 Baseball Players/Parents Meeting in Cafeteria at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, February 17
Thursday, February 18
- Bookmobile Visit
- House/Go Red Activities:
Key Club - Room 623; FCA - auditorium; Grades 8 - 11 Volleyball - LibraryRobotics - Room 614; Boys Golf - Athletic Office
Friday, February 19
- Final Washington DC payment due in office at 8:00
- Three-Point Club Chili Supper in Cafeteria from 5:00 - 7:30 pm
- V/JV Boys Basketball vs. Heritage Hills at 6:00 pm (face painting will take place before the game)
Saturday, February 20
- Band auction/Chili supper in Cafeteria
Sunday, February 21
- Spanish Club Sky Zone trip at 2:15 pm
Menu (February 15-19)
- Breakfast - Cheese Omelet w/Bacon, toast, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Chicken Breast Sandwich, tater tots, lettuce/tomato, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - French toast w/syrup, sausage, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Salisbury steak w/gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli, wheat bread, juice/milk
- Breakfast - Bagel w/cream cheese, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Corn dog, baked beans, carrot sticks w/dip, baked chips, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Breakfast pizza, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, green beans, romaine salad w/dressing, breadstick, jell-o, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Cinnamon toast, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch -BBQ chicken sandwich, french fries, veggies w/dip, cookies, fruit/milk
Bad Joke answer
If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make it onto the Minute!