Pine Road Express
Pine Road Grows Great Kids
October 15, 2020
- A MESSAGE FROM MR. COLE-
Dear Pine Road Families,
Halloween is coming up, and as you all know, fall festivities are something the entire school community looks forward to! We are thrilled to share that many of these fall traditions will continue this year, albeit in a different manner!
Our Halloween Parade will be virtual via Flip Grid to ensure it is inclusive of both Hybrid and Virtual learners in an equitable fashion. This document includes direct links to each class to record videos without needing to navigate within Flip Grid. This screencast includes directions for how to navigate within FlipGrid and record and submit a video. Your child will need to login to FlipGrid with their @stu.lmtsd.org login credentials. For your child’s video, they should dress in their Halloween costume, smile, and wave. No need to say anything. No weapons will be allowed in the video for our Halloween parade.
All Halloween parade videos are due by October 25th. Your child will not immediately see their video posted as all videos will be monitored and approved before Friday, October 30th. If families do not celebrate or choose not to post a video, there is no obligation to participate. Thank you for helping to make our Virtual Halloween celebrations memorable! If you have any questions regarding submitting your Halloween Parade FlipGrid video, please contact Mrs. Zschunke email@example.com.
Additionally, each classroom will host a Fall Party. These parties will be designed to include both virtual and in-person learners. We have partnered with the PTA to design some wonderful activities! Please be on the lookout for more information from your classroom teacher! Please note that students will NOT be able to dress up this year or bring in treats for their Halloween parties.
Additionally, Pine Road Elementary School will participate in the Lower Moreland Township Fall Decorating Contest Tour this year! The PTA is also hosting a pumpkin decorating contest (more information included below); we look forward to having a fun yet safe fall holiday season at Pine Road!
Halloween season is often a time when families review safety procedures with their children. While the season may look different this year, it is good to reflect on some safety reminders for our new educational environment! Online safety and well being is more important now than ever!
LMTSD hosted the Becoming a Tech-Savvy Parent event last week. Deborah McCoy presented information about supporting children in a technology-rich environment. A video archive and copy of the presentation are available here. Please also take some time and review some tips and resources to support families in maintaining safety and balance in an online world.
PTA Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Virtual Picture Day
PTA Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Virtual Picture Day
- 11/3 (Virtual Students)
- Hosted at Murray Ave
- Register HERE
Arrival and Dismissal Safety Reminders
Car Line Saftey Reminders
- Please remain in the car. Staff members will assist students in and out of cars.
- Please remain in line. Do not leave the line to go around stopped vehicle, unless direct by staff to do so.
- Please seat students on the passenger side of the car to allow for safe entry/exit from the vehicle.
- Please be sure to only cross Pine Road at the designated crosswalk. Crossing at other areas, particularly during dismissal creates unsafe conditions for all.
Important Reminder for Band and Orchestra Families
Pine Road Reopening Page
Please visit the Pine Road Reopening Page for information about our virtual learning platforms. Information is updated regularly!
Pine Road Highlights
Room 45 took a whole class picture as part of their Johhny Appleseed lesson!
3rd grade created comics to practice sequencing.
5th graders practicing notating the text with their connections, predictions, and questions!
Digital Attendance Form Reminder
- Use this form to report your child’s absence. Submitting this form will both report the absence and document it. No follow up Blue card is needed.
- Submit this form to inform us that your child has a change in his or her learning location (for example, will be learning from home instead of coming into school on a scheduled hybrid day).
- Submit this form to sign your child into school late.
- Submit this form to sign your child out for an appointment (early dismissal). This form allows you to enter a return to school time if your child will be returning to school.
If you are taking an extended vacation, you will still need to complete the Request for Excusal from Regular School Attendance, familiar to most families as a vacation request form. The form is found on the Virtual Backpack under Forms.
Doctors’ notes still need to be submitted to the school attendance secretary or sent into school.
School Lunch Information
LMTSD Library Newsletter
Home Access Center
HAC enables you to view your student's registration, attendance, report card, progress report, classwork, and scheduling information.