UPE News Update
March 18, 2022
REMINDERs: Spring Break March 21-25
MARCH 30 IS A LATE START WEDNESDAY!
Starting March 28,
The “Drive Through” lane will allow children to be picked up all the way to the end of the central sidewalk (to the gas meters against the street). Teachers will supervise their children in the new locations noted on the map below.
No car will move in the drive through lane until every car has been loaded. No car will be able to exit this lane until this time. If you do not have the time to wait, please consider parking and walking in the areas marked below.
When all cars are loaded, the line will move and exit together.
The crossing guard will then allow walking parents to cross the parking lot at crosswalks to gain access to their vehicles. When these vehicles are loaded and moving, the next line waiting on Chipita Park Road will be allowed in to begin the process again.
Please note the available areas for parking and walking below. As always, your graciousness, courtesy, and patience is deeply appreciated.
Please complete the Intent to Return Survey
Current 2021-2022 MSSD14 students who will be returning, both resident and non-resident, will be rolled over to the 2022-2023 school year and will receive an email notification to complete the registration/renewal process in early June.
Here is the first step for you to complete
Please help us with this process by completing the 2022-2023 Intent to Return Survey using the link below. We ask that all parents and guardians complete this survey regardless of whether they will be attending MSSD14 in the fall for the 2021-2022 school year.
You do not need to complete this if your student is a graduating senior.
Intent to Return Survey
Timeline for Parents/Guardians
- March - Parents/Guardians complete Intent to Return Survey.
- June – Online Registration/Renewal Snapcodes and instructions will be sent to Parents/Guardians
- June, July, August – Information about the new school year is sent to Parents/Guardians from each school.
It’s time to apply for Preschool for the 2022-2023 school year!
*Applications accepted online beginning Tuesday, March 1st!
We have a limited capacity for 15 children in our preschool class, so we will be filling those spots first to in-district children prioritizing children with special needs along with considerations such as balancing girl/boy ratio, age ratio, risk factors, etc. There is no enrollment guarantee, as preschool is currently an optional program.
- Out-of-district applicants will be placed on a waiting list and notified in August if there is space available.
- Your child must be 3 or 4 by September 1st and must be fully potty trained.
- Please check out important information about our Preschool program on our website.
You will need to fill out a registration/application on the school district website at:
We will notify in-district preschoolers of their enrollment status by the end of April.
For more information, call 685-2227 / or email email@example.com
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022/23 School Year Is Open!
- Our Kindergarten meets Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-2:50 PM.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1.
- A Birth Certificate and Immunization Record needed to complete registration.
- Current UPE Preschool students DO NOT need to reapply.
- Please use the 22/23 link (opening March 1) to register for next year: https://mssd14.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=57448&pageId=901068
- We are happy to consider out of district choice students on a space available basis.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for LANDSHARKS RUNNING CLUB
Financial Assistance is being offered through Every Kid Sports.
Please click on this link to complete the application process.
Registration for the 2022 Spring Track Season will be available from February 10-March 25th.
No late registrations will be accepted.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
We will continue to offer after school care at Manitou Springs Elementary and provide transportation from Ute Pass to the site. Champions is responsible for our after school program. The program will go from 3-6PM, Monday-Friday.
CLICK BELOW FOR LUNCH MENU
This is where you find the latest information about our school community.