The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for all things PLP!
Coming this Monday!
REMINDER: HOURS ARE DUE APRIL 22ND!
In addition to completing your hours by this date, you also need to have logged them on CNUEngage (http://mycnuengage.org).
Here are some upcoming opportunities in April:
- April 17th: The Banks family is looking for volunteers to help with an event. The event takes place in Gloucester, and you can earn 4-5 service hours! Email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 11th to RSVP!
- April 23rd and 24th: Color Me Rad! The Newport News Green Foundation has been chosen as one of the non-profit sponsors for the 2016 Color Me Rad in City Center. The race takes place on Sunday, April 24 with packet pickup on Saturday, April 23. The NNGF is looking or 75 volunteers for those two days. If you volunteer on Saturday and pass out race packets, you can run the race on the 24th FOR FREE. Or, you can work the day of the race, Sunday the 24th. Sign up here if you are interested in volunteering, and make sure to indicate that you're a Green Foundation volunteer!
- April 24th: Another Banks event in Gloucester! Email Steph by April 18th to RSVP.
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about these events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
Passports happening in the next week!
- Intercultural Festival
- PLP Coffeehouse: I Swear Not to Set Fire to the Bodleian
- CCP- Resume Writing: Highlighting Your Student Organization Involvement
- Diversity Panel with SigEp
- Speak Like a Girl
- The Mask You Live In
- Slice of Business Life- FedBid
- CCP: Careers in Math Beyond Teaching
- CCP: Careers in Non-Profit
- Leadership in Film Presents: Schindler's List
- PLP Coffeehouse: Gaudi, Tapas, and FIFA
If you're helping plan a campus event that you think would help CNU students connect with leadership concepts in new and exciting ways, then please fill out the passport destination request form.
For a spreadsheet version of current passports, click HERE.
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
Interested in Attending ILA?
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Monday April 4th. Applicants will be notified of selection decisions by the end of April.
If you have questions, please email Professors Harter (email@example.com), Shollen
(firstname.lastname@example.org), or Cusher (email@example.com), or PLP staff Abby Grimes
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dawson Metcalf (email@example.com).
Dickerson Downey Event on April 8th
Dickerson is a Wall Street lawyer and a Christopher Newport benefactor - Dick and his wife Nancy support an endowed scholarship honoring the memory of Dick's father, U. S. Congressman Thomas N. Downing (representing the 1st district - CNU's district).
If you are thinking about a career in law or politics, we highly encourage you to attend. This event will also count as a passport.
Be mindful of Portfolio submission deadlines! For a refresher of the conversation about your "why" check out Simon Sineck's Ted Talk.
Sophomores: Your Success meetings have already begun. Check your email to find a link to your Staff Guide's calendar in order to sign up for a 1:1 ASAP
Freshmen: Keep up the great work, y'all.
Even though you don't have a Success Meeting meeting with your Staff Guide this semester remember that the PLP office operates by an open door policy. You are always welcome to stop by if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat. We are here for you!