Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights -- 5/23/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on May 23, 2022. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda and addendum motions were approved with the exception of Finance item C.3. which was tabled: Agenda and Addendum.
- A motion was added and passed to move this year's Superintendent and Board goals to the 2022-2023 school year, which includes the development of a new Strategic Plan.
- Representatives of the Superintendent's Ad Committee presented an overview of redistricting and elementary school catchment areas during Dr. McGann's Superintendent's Report, linked here. More redistricting information is available online here.
- The district's equity coordinators, Mrs. Nydia Peake and Mrs. Jessica Braynor, presented the district's new web page for diversity, equity and opportunity resources. The presentation is linked here.
- Audio recordings of meetings are available on our web site here.
Board Recognition: Maryellen Nealis
Policy & Regulation Update
- R 2460.30 - Additional/Compensatory Special Education and Related Services (M)
The Board adopted the following revised policies and regulations:
- R 2340 - Field Trips
- P 8420 - Emergency and Crisis Situations (M)
- P 8465 - Bias Crimes and Bias-Related Acts (M)
- R 8465 - Bias Crimes and Bias-Related Acts (M)
All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - June 13, 2022
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity