"Parents, families, educators and communities—there’s no better partnership to
assure that all students pre-K- to high school—have the support and resources
they need to succeed in school and in life."
—NEA President Dennis Van Roekel
Why Is Involvement Important?
Research shows students attending schools with greater parent and community involvement tend to:
- Adapt better to school
- Attend school more regularly
- Complete assignments more consistently
- Have higher test scores and achievement levels
- Graduate and attend college
- Have improved social skills
- Have less behavioral problems
- Gain self-esteem
- Give back to the community after graduation