Dog walking in Pasadena
Top 7 Reasons Why Your Dog Needs a Daily Walk
Dog walking in Pasadena has become very popular, and for good reason. Like food and water, daily walking is an essential part of keeping your pet healthy and happy. If you think your dog is content with sitting inside your home all day, here are 7 reasons why you should rethink that dog walk:
1. Physical Health – Like humans, dogs need regular exercise to keep their muscles fit and strong. And it’s not just the muscles that get a workout when you take your dog for a brisk walk. Their lungs are also exercised, which causes the heart to beat more rapidly and increase circulation. With better circulation comes a pet who is able to fight off infection, not to mention the benefit of keeping them at an ideal weight.
2. Mental Health – A dog’s natural instinct is not to sit around all day doing nothing. At one point in their family line they were hunters or scavengers with keen senses that they still love to use. When your dog gets a chance to go out past your property line, they are able to engage their mind by using those senses.
3. The Chance to Socialize – Dogs would never have made it into human homes if they were not social creatures by nature. Yet they may grow bored with only your company. Give them the chance to meet new people and dogs, and they will become even more of a pleasure to have around the house.
4. Release of Energy – This is especially true for younger dogs who are boiling over with energy. If you don’t get them used to using a daily walk to release their excitement, it will be released inside of your home instead.
5. Reduce Behavioral Problems – This often ties in with releasing energy from dog walking in Pasadena. Chewing, digging, and ripping your pillows apart are all signs that a dog has way too much energy on their paws, and no way to get a good release.
6. Provide Training Opportunities – When a dog is walked daily, they are given more chances to learn basic commands, such as heel while waiting for a light to change, or sit when you want to stop and buy a drink.
7. Extended Life Span – A dog that is walked regularly is healthier, leading to a longer and more fulfilling life for the animal. The muscle strength will help to support the joints as your dog ages, allowing them to continue to get around for an extended period of time.
Don’t make your dog suffer in silence because your busy schedule does not afford time for a daily walk. If you want that wagging tail at the front door for years to come, enlist the help of a dog walker in Pasadena to take care of this basic necessity.