Chapter 16 section 2 Transcaucasia
By: Andrea Salazar
Historical events, Government and Economy:
- In 18th century, the troops of the Russian Empire joined the list of invaders in Transcaucasia.
- Russia start to control the southern region
- Though they did enjoy independence for little bit not much.
- Azerbaijan is a republic with a presidential from of government.
- There constitution was made to protect the independence.
- They have a democratic from of government.
- The subtropical lowlands and foothills of the region are ideal for valuable crops such as tea and fruits
- The most important fruit grown here is the grape which they use for their most famous wine
- The oil business doesn't only affect the oil-rich republics. It also affects Armenia and Georgia, because of the oil producers they want to build pipelines across their territory to bring the oil to market.
- The education program of the Soviet Union had a largely positive impact on its people.
- They also have a high quality educational systems.
- In the Georgian culture they have mealtime celebration called Supra.
- Supra involves breathtaking amounts of food and drinks.
- Georgians take this celebration very seriously , because this show a sign of respect to there tradition.