Advantage Arts Academy | October 8th, 2021
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 11- Violin 3:15-4:15
- Tuesday, October 12- 4th-6th Grade Play Practice
- Wednesday, October 13- Birthday Table (July/October)
- Thursday, October 14- Student Government 3:30
- Friday, October 15- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Monday, October 18- FALL BREAK/NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, October 19- FALL BREAK/NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, October 20- FALL BREAK/NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, October 21- FALL BREAL/ NO SCHOOL
- Friday. October 22- FALL BREAK/ NO SCHOOL
- Friday, November 5 - Picture Retake Day
Our Fall Carnival is coming up—QUICK!
It will be October 28th from 4:30-7:00. We have so many things planned and can not WAIT!
Each grade is in charge of 2 booths. We will have music, inflatable jumps, food for purchase, balloon animals, and more.
Punch cards will go on pre-sale October 25th (more information coming soon).
WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you are available to volunteer please let your student’s teacher know or respond to future emails about volunteering for this activity. We will need volunteers to help run and supervise activities and are also needing prizes donated. If you are interested in sponsoring any part of our carnival, there are plenty of opportunities for that as well.
We look forward to hearing from you and are so excited to celebrate with all of our Advantage Arts Academy friends and families!
Birthday table will be held this week, Wednesday October 13th. We will be celebrating the July and October Birthdays. Students with Birthdays in July or October will be able to go to the birthday table this Wednesday and get a treat.
We are looking for volunteers with tiling experience that could help install a tile mural that the students worked on last year. The mural will be indoors and is about 8'x5'. If you or someone you know could help with the tools and installation please contact the art teacher, Mrs. Redd at email@example.com
Our First Event is Advantage Arts Academy's Fall Carnival on October 28th. Each Grade Level will be reaching out to parents for candy and prize donations.
After School Clubs
ART CLUB IS FULL FOR THIS SEMESTER!!!!!
There WILL NOT BE Art Club on Wednesday, October 13th! If you have not paid your students $40 Art Club fee, please be sure to stop in the front office to pay it.
This week we will be starting the first week of play practice for drama club for the students that made it for a kid version of A Christmas Carol. The list for the students that make it into the play was posted by October 8th. Those students will have practice each Tuesday leading up to the performance in December. This will be for grades 4th-6th ONLY! Younger siblings WILL need to be picked up on time after school.
Please Email Miss Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade Student and is on MONDAY OR WEDNESDAY from 3:15-4:15. Students in the Violin Music Club will need go straight to ROOM 210 (Next to Ms. Thompson's 5th grade room) after school. On the day your student has club, larger instruments can be brought into the front office in the morning and must be picked up on the way to Room 210.PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE PAID YOUR $40 VIOLIN CLUB FEE
Email Beth at email@example.com for more information or questions.
Kindergarten Paints Fall Trees
In kindergarten we learn about the different seasons and the patterns that we can see with the change of the season. Now that it's Fall, we noticed that the weather is a little colder and the leaves on the trees are changing colors and falling down. We made our own Fall trees by using a q-tip to make colorful dots for our leaves.
2nd Grade Rainforests
In second grade we have been learning about different habitats. We made our own little model of a rainforest habitat with at least four animals that we can find in the rainforest. These turned out so cute and it was fun to learn how to make our paper into something 3D.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Monday, Oct. 11th- Muffin OR Dutch Waffle
- Tuesday, Oct. 12th - Fresh Baked Cinnamon Rolls OR Breakfast Bowl
- Wednesday, Oct. 13th – Breakfast Calzone OR Bagel
- Thursday, Oct. 14th – Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll OR French Toast Sticks
- Friday, Oct. 15th–Pancake on a stick OR Breakfast Sandwich
- Monday, Oct. 11th- French Toast Sticks OR Pancakes
- Tuesday, Oct. 12th - Chicken Enchilada OR Meatball Sub
- Wednesday, Oct. 13th - Homemade Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza OR Ham Sandwich
- Thursday, Oct. 14th– Cheeseburger OR Chicken Nuggets
- Friday, Oct. 15th– Rib B Q Sandwich OR Popcorn Chicken Bowl
Sending Lunch From Home?Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
Become Part of Our Advantage Arts Academy Team!!!!
Advantage Arts Academy is still looking for a READING TEACHING ASSISTANT, MUSIC TEACHER, AFTER SCHOOL CLUB ART TEACHER and AFTER SCHOOL CLUB CHOIR TEACHER.
We still have limited seats available for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share with your friends, family members, and neighbors so they have the best chance possible to secure their spot at Advantage Arts!