Cougars Weekly Bulletin
October 23, 2020
Beep -N- Treat (Fall Festival)
October 30, 2020
- Come dressed up to the event.
- Send us a picture! It will be displayed on a big screen.
- Do you have amazing Halloween costumes to show off at our all school event? Please send pictures of students and families in costume to Mr. Unger for the slideshow. Email pictures to email@example.com. All pictures should be received by Friday, October 23 to make it into the school slideshow.
- While in line you can tune in to AHP local FM station in your car 87.9 Mhz
- The Parent-Teacher Club will have a small treat for students.
- Only in-car visitors (due to state regulations walk-thru is not allowed).
- Remain in the car at all times
- Be patient and courteous, we might have a long line of cars
- Have fun and say thank you to your teachers!
Special Treat from Nutrition Services
Thursday Oct. 29th, We want to see you come and collect meals on our special NS celebration day. "Our Heroes Want to meet Your Heroes" Little ones and Big ones can come in their Super Hero costumes (or any costume) they will be greeted by our NS Heroes. Children will receive a FREE meal. A little surprise treat bag will be handed out from Waypoint Company with non-candy treats to make the kids feel extra special.
We want to spread some joy to the children this special day.
And each bag meal has a COOKIE DAY Treat!
Middle School & High School Options Window is open
5th and 8th grade students interested in applying for any Option School in BSD for 2021-22 school year, must do so before December 11, 2020
Lottery will be conducted on December 16, 2020
Link to Options Application: https://lottery.beaverton.k12.or.us/applications/public-application
TAG (Talented and Gifted)
Every year students are considered for Talented and Gifted services in the Beaverton School District. These services are provided by your child's classroom teacher(s). Oregon law and District policy define gifted students as those who score at or above the 97th percentile on a standardized, nationally normed test of mental ability and/or academic achievement in reading and/or math. Behavioral, learning, and/or performance information is also considered before a student is identified for TAG services.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our current reality of Comprehensive Distance Learning, our evaluation process will look different this year. We will administer in-person TAG testing after January 11, 2021. Until then, teachers will collect evidence on how your student responds to differentiation within their distance learning classroom. This evaluation may include: file reviews, teacher and student observations, a collection of work samples, and/or individual or group assessments. This process may take some time, but every effort will be made to complete the evaluation in a timely manner. Parents will be notified of their school’s in-person testing dates in January.
If you think your child might qualify for TAG services, you may wish to complete the Parent Information Form that is available in our school’s office or linked here. Completing this form that gives our school TAG Committee more information about your child, but it is not required. All qualified students will be considered regardless of the form’s completion.
Please complete and return the Parent Information Form to your child’s teacher.
Student Health Survey
The Beaverton School District is continuing our participation in Oregon’s Student Health Survey (SHS). The SHS is a survey sponsored by the Oregon Health Authority Public Health Division and the Oregon Department of Education. The survey will gather information about health risk behaviors of students in grades 6 and 8. Our District uses these anonymous results to learn more about:
Student health and safety
Student mental and behavioral health
School climate and culture
The SHS will take students 30 minutes or less to complete and will be administered between October 28-November 6.
Please read the linked letter for more details and opt-out information.
From the Counseling Office
Your school counselors have created a virtual office where you can find resources. Click on the area where it says, "click here to find family resources" and it will take you directly to our virtual office website. To view all the resources, click on the arrow on each slide.
Hola Familias de Aloha Huber Park,
Las consejeras de la escuela han creado una oficina virtual donde pueden encontrar recursos. Haga click en el área donde dice "haga clic aquí para encontrar recursos familiares" y lo llevará directamente al sitio web. Para ver todos los recursos haga clic en la flecha de cada diapositiva.
Mrs. Nader firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Morales email@example.com
Child Care Subsidy
Washington Co. grant being distributed through BSD; provides up to $1415/month/child per family.
Application window opens October 27th at 9:00am
- Parent/guardian with child (age birth-17)
- Live in BSD boundary; do not need to attend BSD school
- Child care expenses at licensed provider: August 1, 2020 - December 30, 2020
- "Essential worker"- broad definition includes; health care, public safety, education, food service, grocery, agriculture, energy, water and wastewater, hazardous waste, transportation, logistics, government, public works, communications, information technology, critical manufacturing, defense, finance and housing.
- Fill out application online or paper copy
- Receipts for all child care expenses from August 1, 2020- December 30, 2020 (may want to pay in advance)
- License number of child care provider
We are thrilled so many books are checked out to students and are excited to continue checking books out curbside and from the Book Bus. Families will be receiving notices of books checked out. Please note there are no fines or fees for overdue books.
When you are done reading your books, please return them by placing them in the book return outside the AHP office on school days 8:30-3:30 or by visiting the Book Bus and curbside checkouts.
Books will remain on library accounts for 7 days after return so they can quarantine.
If you have questions, please email Aloha Huber Park library staff:
Read! Return! Repeat!