IS THE NUMBER ONE KILLER OF WOMEN
What is heart diseases?
There are many different forms of heart disease. The most common cause of heart disease is narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart itself. This is called coronary arteries disease and happens slowly over time. It's the major reason people have heart attacks and a major cause of disability
Other kinds of heart problems may happen to the valves in the heart, or the heart may not pump well and cause heart failure. Some people are born with heart disease.
Many times people experience no symptoms until blood vessels have been seriously damaged but here are some examples of heart disease early symptoms:
- Angina, tightness/pain in the chest that may radiate to part of the upper body
- Heart palpitations
- Unusual breathlessness
- Finger nails or lips that have a bluish tinge
- Fluid retention
- Don't smoke.
- Lose weight.(a few pounds lost can make a huge difference)
- Exercise under the care of a physician.
- Follow a low fat, low salt, low cholesterol diet.
- Keep blood cholesterol and blood pressure under control.
- Get regular medical checkups.
- Treat and control hypertension, diabetes, and other diseases.