Bennett Bear Business Newsletter
Week of January 17, 2022
Interested in Registering a NEW to McKinney ISD Student for the 2022-2023 School Year?
Requirements Needed to Register a New Student for the 2022-2023 School Year
McKinney ISD News Brief - January 14, 2022
In today's edition:
- COVID-19 Update and Working Together
- January 17 Student and Staff Holiday
- Bus Transportation Delays Due to Driver Shortage and COVID
- COVID-19 Update: TEA Announces Policy Change for Staff
- MEF Surprises MISD Educators with $115,000 in Classroom Grants During Annual Holiday Delivery
- The Broadway Broncos present The Addams Family Musical
- MHS Theatre presents Disney’s The Little Mermaid!
Click Here for MISD News Brief
Check Out This Week's Grade Level Newsletters
Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter
1st Grade's Weekly Newsletter
2nd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
3rd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
4th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
5th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
Specials' Weekly Newsletter
Learning Commons Weekly Newsletter
A friendly reminder that the 3rd - 5th grade GT Referral window is open until January 20, 2022. All of the referral materials can be found on our #MISDGT website: ALPHA Website. Simply use the menu on the left and go to GT Referrals for the parent digital observation forms.
Parent Referral Link
Gifted children are a broad spectrum of students and often exhibit asynchronous development, where there may be a mismatch between cognitive, emotional, and physical development. Please click on the NAGC Traits of Gifted Children to view some of the cognitive, affective, creative, and behavioral traits that many gifted students share.
Please feel free to reach out to Lisa Crates email@example.com (K-2 ALPHA Teacher) with any questions that you may have.
Christie N. Thompson
504 Campus Coordinator
Visit my website
or Twitter account
3rd-5th Grade Alpha Parent Nomination Form Below - English
3rd-5th Grade Alpha Parent Nomination Form Below - Spanish
Safety Patrol Team 3 will Assist with Arrival & Dismissal
PTO Bingo Night RSVP TODAY
RSVP to Join Our VIRTUAL Bingo Night on Friday, January 28th
No School for Students & Staff - Monday, January 17th
3rd-5th Grade Alpha/GT Referrals Due - Thursday, January 20th
PTO Spring Watch DOG Registration Closes - Thursday, January 20th
Signup Here to Serve as a Watch DOGS
NO Running Club - Friday, January 21st
4th & 5th Grade Choir - Monday, January 24th - 7:15AM
January Character Trait - Kindness
UPDATE - January Bennett Live Celebration will be VIRTUAL via Pre-Recorded Video Link Posted at 2:15PM - Tuesday, January 25th
PTO Sponsored Chipotle Spirit Night - Thursday, January 26th
How to Order Chipotle Through the App or Online for Our Fundraiser
100th Day of School - Thursday, January 27th
2nd-5th Grade Running Club - Friday 28th - 7:30AM
Multicultural Children's Book Day - Friday, January 28th
PTO Sponsored VIRTUAL Bingo Night - Friday, January 28th - 6:30PM-8:00PM
PTO Sponsored Watch DOGS Begin Serving on Campus - Monday, January 31st
Happy School Board Appreciation Month
January Breakfast Menu
January Lunch Menu
BEARS Celebrating a Birthday in January
1 - Abdalhalim
4 - Kaden, Mrs. Simmons - 1st Grade Teacher
5 - Hayden, Joseph
6 - Rhys, Elijah, Wyatt
7 - Grace, Zain, Sofia
8 - Adrianna, Matthew
11 - Lincoln
12 - Reese, Arghya, Camryn
13 - Alessandra, Cohen, Mrs. Watson - Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP)
14 - Allison, Leslie
15 - Chase
16 - Jason
17 - Jack
18 - Claudia, Ella
19 - Victoria, Mrs. Thompson - Counselor
20 - Benjamin
21 - Brooklyn
22 - Hank
23 - Jack, Myah, Mrs. Luthi - Dyslexia Teacher
25 - Harel, Emileigh
26 - Connor, Ademide
27 - Beau, Weston
28 - Mrs. Schindler - 3rd Grade Teacher
29 - Jade
30 - Mrs. Recker - 2nd Grade Teacher
31 - Mrs. Crider - STC Teacher
Upcoming Events for our BEARS
School Board Appreciation Month
Monday, January 17th:
No School for Students & Staff
Thursday, January 20th:
*3rd-5th Grade Alpha/GT Referral Deadline
*PTO Sponsored Watch DOGS Registration Closes
Friday, January 21st:
NO Running Club
Monday, January 24th:
4th & 5th Grade Choir - 7:15AM
Tuesday, January 25th:
NEW MONTHLY CELEBRATIONS - Replaces Friday Live
*January Bennett Live Celebrations will be VIRTUAL - We will pre-record our January Bennett Live Celebrations and post the video at 2:15PM for parents to watch VIRTUALLY from home
*January Creed Lunch - 12:30PM
Wednesday, January 26th:
PTO Sponsored Chipotle Spirit Night - 5:00PM-9:00PM
Thursday, January 27th:
*100th Day of School
*Dress wearing 100 items OR like you are 100 years old
Friday, January 28th:
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM
*Multicultural Children's Book Day
*PTO Sponsored VIRTUAL Bingo Night - 6:30PM-8:00PM
*More details to come with a link to RSVP
PTO Yearbook Flyer - Step By Step Instructions
PTO Sponsored Yearbooks & 5th Grade Dedications On Sale Now - Link Below
Covid Update 2022
MISD Covid Testing By Appointment Only
Book Your Covid Test Appointment Here
NEW MISD Covid Protocols
Effective 8/2/2021, all existing protocols will be replaced with the following information. We will continue to monitor and adjust our protocols based on any updated information from Collin County Health Department, Texas DSHS, Texas Education Agency and CDC.
- All staff, visitors and students (with parental assistance) should monitor for symptoms of illness prior to campus arrival.
- CDC Guidance (including those fully vaccinated) recommends to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. Schools in Texas, including McKinney ISD, may highly recommend but may not require masks.
- Campuses will work to ensure no student is treated differently as a result of their choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Visitors will be allowed on campus according to standard visiting rules.
- Social distancing will be maintained when feasible.
- Staff and students will continue to be expected to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Parents and employees will continue to be required to report confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 to campus administration or their supervisor, but this information will no longer be tracked on the District COVID-19 Dashboard.
- Staff and students with symptoms of COVID 19 (until ruled out) OR a confirmed case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 days from the date of symptom onset or positive test if no symptoms.
- Staff will not conduct close contact reviews and students/staff will not be required to quarantine for exposure.
- Current MISD COVID-19 numbers may be accessed through TEA at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/schools/texas-education-agency/
- Current Collin County/City of McKinney numbers may be found at https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/8a63b1622bea4d65b28658f2101b539