January 18, 2021
From the Desk of the Principal
Hello Trix Academy Family!
During the first half of the school year, Trix Academy focused on our academic programming and the well being of our scholars and families. As we now focus on the second half of the school year, it is with joy to add additional components to our school community. Coming soon, please look for various opportunities for your scholar(s) to participate in clubs, contests and guest speaker opportunities. Additional information is forth coming, therefore please continue to read our school newsletter.
Detra Coleman, Ed.S.
Trix Academy School Leader
Third Grade Reading Law Parent Meeting
Being a good reader is critical if a student is going to be successful in school. In order for students to be college and career ready, it is important that they have strong literacy skills. In 2016, the Michigan Legislature passed House Bill No. 4822 to ensure that children who exit Third Grade are reading at grade level. Trix Academy is holding a parent meeting for all kindergarten through third grade scholars on January 20, 2021 at 3:30pm to further discuss the reading law. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Coleman at email@example.com.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87684412468
Meeting ID: 876 8441 2468
Dial by your location
1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
The Importance of Attendance
Scholar Led School Events Committee
Coming Soon ... Art Contest
Last Week of NWEA Testing
Laptop Care and Tips
- Ensure the case remains on the iPad or Chromebook
- Ensure food and drinks are not around the technology device
- Ensure scholars are stationary when using the iPad or Chromebook
- Monitor data usage on the hotspot
- When lessons have concluded for the day, ensure the scholar places the device in the same location for the next day
- Ensure technology devices are plugged in to charge at the end of the school day in order for scholars to have a fully charged device for the next school day.
If you have any questions, please let me know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office at (313) 426-1020.