Week of 10/14/19
Just a reminder that there is no school tomorrow for a staff professional development day.
I hope to see you all at the Harvest Festival this Friday!
Friday, October 18th at 5-8pm is our annual Harvest Festival! This is one of our most popular and well-attended family events of the year, so get your bracelets now! Cash accepted at the “door”. We will have a pre-paid line and in-person payment line to speed up entry.https://squareup.com/store/twelve-bridges-elementary-ptc/
Tickets on sale now! One bracelet gets you access to unlimited games, prizes and activities (kids 3 and under are free). Come hungry! Food trucks will be on site (food cost separate). 20% of the food proceeds go back to the school! Fantastic DJ, inflatables, trackless train, some old and new games, amazing vendors and a silent auction!
Calling all Vendors! Please contact Leah Bassett at email@example.com if you would like to participate in this big family event. No businesses duplicated. First come first served.
Harvest Festival volunteers are needed! One hour shifts. The PTC would like to ask any parents or grandparents who are available to help during the festival to please contact Leah Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Cake Walk desserts are needed! It wouldn't be a Harvest Festival without the cake walk! Anyone who can donate cookies, brownies, cupcakes or cakes for the cake walk please drop off your donations at the front office between the dates of 10/16-10/18 (no nuts please). This year we ask that you separate the smaller baked goods such as cookies/brownies/etc. into smaller portions (small wrapped plates or disposable containers work well). Do not drop off desserts any earlier than the 16th or later than 10am on the 18th.
We are excited for our fall family night!!
- Travel must be for five or more school days
- The travel study request must be made at least two weeks in advance of the trip to allow the teacher adequate time to prepare the work
- Student must be in good academic standing and meet attendance requirements
- All work is due the day the student returns to school
Week At A Glance
- School Not in Session (Staff Development Day)
- Mandel's class to Coloma 8:30-2:30
- Art with Tara 2:40-4 (Art Room)
- 2:45 Tiger Crew (Room 205)
- 2:50 Early Engineers (Room 309)
- Spirit day wear Green or Yellow
- Harvest Festival 5:00-8:00
Veterans Day Assembly Photos Needed by 10/28/19
Volunteers for ROAR Store
Dear TBE Families,
We would love to have our ROAR store open every Friday. Our ROAR store is open on Fridays during 1st through 5th grade lunch recess. Please consider signing up for one of our open slots. The ROAR store only happens once a week on Fridays and if we do not have volunteers the store has to be closed.
If you are interested but have questions, please email Kathleen Cummings at Kcummings@wpusd.org.
The link is:https://signup.com/go/toesOCq
Adopt a Planter
ADOPT A PLANTER!!!!!
Please consider “Stepping Up” to adopt a planter for the school year. Your job will be basic maintenance of your area. Checking for weeds, removing leaves, trash, branches etc.
Your participation is greatly appreciated. It’s a way to model community service to your kids.
Let’s continue having the OUTSIDE of the school reflect the great things happening INSIDE!
For more information, please contact Ashley Indrieri at (530) 844-2310.
Down The Road
- 10/24 Make up Pictures
- 11/5 Father/Son Laser Tag @Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00
- 11/7 Veterans Day Assembly
- 11/11 Veterans Day No School
- 11/15 Wild Things Assembly TK-1st 9:25-10:50 (in the multi)
- 11/18-22 Early Release Day's 12:30 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/25-29 Thanskgiving Break
- 12/9-13 Book Fair
- 12/16-20 Early Release Days 1:40
- 12/17 Family Paint Night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 12/23-1/5 Winter Break
- 1/20 Martin Luther King Day No School
- 1/24 BINGO & Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
- 2/11 Mother/Daughter Paint night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 2/13,14,17 School not in session
- 2/24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
- 3/7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/30-4/3 Book Fair
- 4/2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
- 4/6-13 Spring Break
- 4/22/23 Starstruck, two performances 6:00pm & 7:00pm
- 5/4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/18-5/22 5th Grade Trip
- 5/25 Memorial Day No School
- 6/1-5 Early Release Days 1:40
Field Trips 2019-2020
- 10/15 Mandel's class to Coloma 8:30-2:30
- 10/24 4th, 5th & Mandel to B Street Theatre 8:00-12:00
- 12/13 2nd Grade to Roseville Theater 8:20-10:20
- 1/28 1st Grade to Roseville Theater 9:15-11:30
- 2/27 Choir to Three Stages Theater to see Matilda 8:15-2:00
- 3/19 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center Gutierrez/Munno 8:30-11
- 3/25 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 3/26 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center 8:30-11 Snodgrass/Williamson
- 3/27 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 5/1 1st Grade to Roller King 9:15-1:30
- 5/5 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Andrews & Sanchez/Snook)
- 5/6 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Evangelisti & Villa)
Event Calendar 2019-2020
Oct 18 Harvest Festival 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 5 Father/Son Laser Tag @ Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 7 Veterans Day Assembly
Dec 9 – 13 Book Fair
Dec 17 Family Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Jan 24 BINGO and Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
Feb 11 Mother/Daughter Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Feb 24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
Mar 7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Mar 28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Apr 2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
Mar 30 - Apr 3 Book Fair
Apr 22-23 Starstruck, two Performances: 6:00pm and 7:00pm
May 4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
PTC Meetings will be held monthly on Mondays. See dates listed below:
3:00-3:30 General Meeting w/parents
3:30-4:00 Board Meeting
Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, Mar 30-Board Elections, May 4-Calendar Meeting 2020-2021 school year, June TBD-Budget Meeting 2020-2021 school year
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Leah Bassett, PTC President at email@example.com.
Reporting an Absence
How to Report Absences:
We have 3 ways you can report absences:
1. Absence voice mail: (916)434-5210
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Download the TBE App –
Click on Absences icon on bottom of screen
Complete and Submit
Please try to contact school before 9:00am on day of absence when possible
A doctor’s note is asked for all medical appointments where the student misses school time or 3 or more consecutive illness days.
Hello TBES students, families, staff, and friends! Thank you for your support with box tops. Especially with the changes with going digital. To date we have collected $41 with digital box tops! This equals 4,100 box tops! Digital box tops are SO easy to collect. You just need an app on your phone and scan your receipts each time you shop. That’s all there is to it! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
I will be submitting physical box tops by November 1st. So if you have the “old school” box tops please please please turn them in as soon as possible. They are still being accepted and will earn our school money. Thank you once again for your help and support. Please let me know if you have any questions and/or concerns.