Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 7
- Thank you all for supporting the Ice Cream Social and PTA Open House! Our attendance looked like this. 53% of our families attended.
- PS 7/14
- KA 11/25
- KB 17/25
- 1A 13/23
- 1B 16/26
- 2A 15/23
- 2B 15/23
- 3A 11/22
- 3B 11/20
- 4A 10/23
- 4B 4/23
- 5A 13/23
- 5B 13/23
- The school board meeting is at 6:00 on Monday night at the Admin Center. Becca and I will be sharing updates about 5th Quarter and Rock-It Academy. Please join if you are able.
- Happy birthday to Heather Bagby on Thursday!
- I will be at the AEA all day on Monday for "Leading School Change w/Todd Whitaker". Danielle and the office will be in charge. They will contact me by phone or text about any situations. Some discipline might have to wait until I return as Danielle is not the acting principal in my absence. I am sure it will be a quiet day. Most Mondays are :)
- I will be at the AEA all day on Tuesday for Day 3 of the 4 I have to attend for Evaluator III training for my license. Danielle will be at the Counselor Academy that day at the AEA, too. Please see Jenni or Carrie if you have any issues and/or the office.
- The ARMS coins came in and I put a bag in all classified staff mailboxes. PLEASE make sure you are focusing on acknowledging positive behavior. I am surprised we haven't filled our school bucket in the library yet for our first all school reward. Maybe this will be the week?
- I included a quick 3 minute read on a link at the bottom about empowering studetns to manage their own behavior. What if every adult in our building challenged him/herself to say 5 positive things to kids before saying 1 negative thing? Wow!
Monday September 15
Lisa at AEA all day.
5th grade collaboration meeting w/Mr. Berg, Ms. DeGeorge, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins
4th grade collaboration meeting w/Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Slagel, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins
1st grade collaboration meeting w/Mrs. Thomas, Mrs. DePover, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins
Kindergarten collaboration meeting w/Ms. Baids, Mrs. Fry, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins,
School board meeting (5th Quarter/Rock-It Academy updates)
Tuesday September 16
Lisa at AEA all day.
Danielle at AEA all day.
2nd grade collaboration meeting w/Ms. Topping, Ms. Love, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins
3rd grade collaboration meeting w/Ms. Dvorak, Mrs. Mueller, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Watkins
Wednesday September 17
Pre-observation meeting w/Ms. Love
NA Core team meeting w/Danielle, Lori, Barb, Christy Davis
Formal observation of Ms. Love
Weekly instructional coaches meeting w/Mrs. Reed and Mrs. Watkins
Pre-observation meeting w/Mrs. Frye
Thursday September 18
RtI collaboration meeting w/ Mrs. Watkins, Mrs. Reed, Mrs. Frye, Ms. Moreland
Formal observation of Mrs. Frye
BLDD Architect meeting @ NA
Pete Bruecken (HS Instructional Coach) visiting classrooms
Preschool collaboration meeting w/Mrs. Bartsh, Mrs. Watkins, Mrs. Reed, Dr. Stevenson
Friday September 12
Lisa tentatively gone in p.m.
Weekly school counselor meeting w/Ms. Breier
Weekly office staff meeting
Kay Ingham will be here visiting SPED, Title, PS classrooms
1A Mrs. Thomas' open house
The parents were busy being led on a "tour" by their children.
NA PTA's biggest fund raiser is the monthly Market Day food orders. Please support this effort. It needs you!
Mark your calendars! Saturday September 27th from 1-3 p.m.
The Young Leaders Club and Mr. Berg are hosting a car wash (hoping it warms up) to raise awareness and funds for Compass to Care. This will be our 3rd year!