Deep pan with straight sides, three times the volume of the ingredients
Wooden spoon with long handle
Mixer, not portable
2. Add liquids, sugars, and butter, if used
3. Put the pan over low heat until all the sugar is dissolved. Stir constantly but don't splash. Avoid scraping the sides of the pan.
4. Add remaining ingredients and bring it up to the desired temperature. From this point, depending on the recipe you must continue stirring or stop stirring.
5. Take the pan off the heat, stir in extracts, nuts, other flavorings, etc
6. Let the mixture cool, sometimes it is advised to place the pan in water to help the cooling process.
7. Depending on the recipe, beat the mixture or pour into baking sheets which are prepared by buttering or lining with wax paper.
1. 1 cup sugar
2. 1/2 cup light corn syrup
3. 1/4 cup water
4. 1 teaspoon flavored extract (vanilla, rose, cinnamon, orange, etc.)
5. 5 drops food coloring
1. Spray lollipop molds with a nonstick spray
2. Place the corn syrup, sugar, and water into the saucepan and put to medium heat.
3.Stir the mixture until sugar dissolves, scrape sides with pastry brush.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, use thermometer to check until mixture reaches 295 degrees fahrenheit. Remove pan immediately once it reaches 295.
5. Stir in extract and food coloring,
6. Spoon the mixture into the molds
7. Let the lollipops harden then pop 'em outta there.