April 24, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful and restful weekend and enjoyed a beautiful Sunday.
Have a wonderful week!
- Great to celebrate our Missouri 100 scholars, James Dohrman and Yuri Takenaka, in Columbia, Missouri.
- Mr. FHN candidates raised $4,574.51 for the charities of their choice. So proud of them!
- Fun morning @ Ginghams w/ @NewCountry923FM. Anthony Kristenson, Jacob Lintner, Riley Rufkar, and Maddison Clifton got to promote FHN.
- Congratulations to Jacob Lintner on being the student representative on the board tonight.
- A big shout out to Team MABY who competed today in the semi-final round of the National Economics Challenge!
- Sophomore Juan Alega was accepted into the SIFT (Shaw Institute Field training) science program this summer. He just emailed the great news!! It's through Washington University.
We are excited to announce that Ms. Courtney Flamm will be joining the FHN staff next year. Courtney will be the newest member of our Art Department and also help out in ISAP. She has been teaching Art at the middle school level for several years andhas served as the Gifted Education Coordinator for the Winfield School District. I know that she is very excited to be a Knight!
END OF THE YEAR HALL MONITORS
4/10- 4/13 ELA, Alg 2, and Gov
4/24-4/27 Alg 1 and Bio
The Department Chairs were sent the electronic form that must be used to gain approval to ship out surplus textbooks. If you need this form sent to you, please contact Jeff Blankenship. As a reminder, these forms must be turned in to Jeff Blankenship by May 1st in order for them to be approved. After approval we will talk about labels and boxes. Please do not delay!
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 86.8% of students attending 90% of the time.
The Attendance Committee met on 4/20 and here is a list of their discussion items:
-Recruiting additional teachers for Attendance Allies next school year
-Takeaways from current research on effective attendance intervention strategies
-New methods to encourage teacher involvement
-Revising the SIP for next year
The Climate Survey is still open. As of Thursday afternoon we had a 47% response rate. Please take a second to provide feedback and help us reach our goal of 80% participation.
Climate Committee meeting: April 24th, 2:30 p.m., Main Office
As we get close to the end of the school year, please be extra diligent in helping monitor hallways during passing periods and remember to use hall passes when sending students out of your classroom.
Check out this brief article on using Illustrated Notes when using Flipped Learning for your classroom.
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR
April 25 -Senior Awards
May 1-May 12-AP Testing
May 1-Howell of Fame Ceremony
May 4th-Graduation Practice, Senior Panoramic, Senior Breakfast, and Sophomore Ring
May 3-Faculty Meeting
- May 5-Exemption Forms Due
- KOE Picnic
May 16-Locker Clean Out
May 17-Final Exams
May 19-Final Exams
May 20th-last day for teachers (unless you logged 3.5 hours earlier and checked out on the 19th)
June 3rd-Graduation @3:00
July 27- Summer DC Meeting
July 31 and August 1-- Schedule pick up
August 3-Building PD
August 4--Transition Day
August 7- District Kick-off/Meeting Day
August 8--1/2 workday
August 9--First day of school
- Open House: August 16th (5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.)
- Parent Teacher Conferences: September 6th, October 12th, February 15th, March 14th (4 p.m.-7:30 p.m.)