Osceola Science Charter School - Feb 14, 2019
Upcoming Field Trips:
1. March 8th: Kindergarten will be going to Epcot
2. April 26th: 2nd graders will be going to Sea World
3. May 1st: 4th Grade: St. Augustine
4. May 3rd: 1st Grade: Legoland
5. May 10th -3rd Grade: Magic Kingdom
6. May 17th: 5th Grade: Universal Studios
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Black History Month!
Study Island Blue Ribbon Challenge:
STEM Night- April
Study Island Blue Ribbon Challange
SMILE MILE- SIGN UP
Hello Coaches, Teachers, and Community Members,
Smile Mile is two weeks away on Saturday, March 2 at Blue Jacket Park in Baldwin Park! Early registration fee ends this Saturday.
Help your students get fired up for Smile Mile!
- Kids receive a t-shirt and finisher medal
- Face painters, balloon artists, DJs dance party and hula hoops!
- Age group awards
Here’s why you should get fired up for Smile Mile!
- Spirit Award - A $500 grant is awarded to one school from each county with the most participants! To qualify, a school must have a minimum of 25 runners participating and must be registered by February 28.
- Scholarship for children who cannot afford to participate is made available by the Track Shack Youth Foundation. Scholarship Form attached.
Event registration form is attached and available at http://www.trackshack.com/event/29 . Registration forms available in Spanish.
Thank you for supporting fun and fitness for our youth. Please let us know how we can support your efforts.
Attention Parents! Florida FSA Webinar
Please be informed that our Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) information session for parents will be held online on Monday, February 18th at 5:30 PM! Parents can connect the meeting using the link below.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/286673527
Agenda will be as follows:
- What is the FSA?
- FSA Testing Dates
- FSA Test Length and Sessions
- How will the FSA be scored?
- Promotion Requirements for 3rd graders
- What will the FSA look like?
- What is OSCS doing to support your child?
- Available online resources
- How can you help your child at home?
Happy Valentine's Day!
FSA TEST DATES:
February Lunch Menu:
Osceola Science is Seeking Classroom Teachers for 2019-2020!
On-Site Educator Recruitment Fair - March 9th
Osceola Science School is a public charter school authorized by the Osceola School District, which opened as a K-‐3 school in August 2016. The school will serve K-6 next school year and grow a grade each year until enrollment reaches 1200 in grades K-‐8. OSCS uses a carefully crafted combination of research-based instructional methods including Project Based Learning, Personalized Learning and computer coding for every student. Teachers have expertise in ensuring engaging and rigorous learning that prepares students for success in the complex, global 21st century world.
OSCS is seeking a classroom teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. The teachers are expected to engage the students with both hands-on instruction and challenging lessons.
Osceola Science School is an employee friendly school and offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
Educator Recruitment Fair will be held on-site at 2880 N. Orange Blossom Trail Kissimmee, FL 34744