Symington Staff News -- Week ending 9/16/2016
Open House Success!
EGPs due September 21 SIGNED--I HAVE NONE!!!
- Download Common Sense Media Books ASAP. They will cost money if not downloaded by October 1.
- iOS 10 will be installed this weekend. This will offer us a lot of power in the classroom!
- Have you signed up to become an Apple Teacher? Let's get 100% of Symington's staff signed up! Challenge is on, working on my first badge!
Ready to Get Fit?
Try wearing a pedometer and challenging yourself to get 1000 extra steps each week (start at 3000, the next week 4000 and so on.
Principal Advisory Group
I have not received ANY names yet...
- Monday, September 19: NED Assembly, 1:15 (info coming from Hillen/Kemp)
- Tuesday, September 20: Benchmarking, Grade 3
- Wednesday, September 21: Benchmarking, Grade 4
- Thursday, September 22: PLC meetings in PD Room--bring current lesson plan updates and Benchmark progress/Data for SLOs
- Friday, September 23: No school for students – PD Day for teachers
- Monday, September 26: Benchmarking, Grade 1
- Thursday, September 29: Benchmarking, Grade 6
PD Days and Absences
As a reminder automatic docked days (leave cannot be used) are the first five student days, last five student days, parent-teacher conference days, before or after a holiday, pd days and work days, and inclement weather days when school is in session.