To be a Leader
By: Lyndie Phillips
Characteristics of a Leader
- Misson: they must know what their mission is and why it exists.
- Vision: they must be able to see what is beyond right in front of them. Encourage other people to see it too.
- Goal: they must be able to set reasonable goals and carry them out.
- Responsibility: they must be able to take charge for anything that happens through the organization with poseur.
- Communication: they must be able to communicate with all people because bad communications results in bad outcomes. Sets the bar for future projects.
Jeffry Sachs is a leader today because he is trying to make a difference in the world. He has set his goals and is finding out new ways to achieve them. He is an ecologist who is looking for real-world ways to beat global poverty. He is a professor of economics who studied at Harvard, which shows how he has set high goals for himself.