AP Computer Science Course Update
PARENTS CAN CHECK STUDENT GRADES - WITH AN ACCOUNT
Important Information for Parents
The Parent Account gives you information about your child’s grades and progress in their course. If your child’s grade drops below a 75, you will receive an automated phone call. If your child’s grade drops below a 70, you will receive a phone call from me.
If you already have a parent account please do NOTcreate a new one.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s account.
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click this link.
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click this link.
*Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account.
7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or click this link.
Upcoming Assignments for this Grading Period
14, 16, 18 Week
- Programming Exercise P10.11
- Inheritance Discussion
- Inheritance Test
GaVS Spring Break: April 7th - April11th
Shmoop is a web tool that will help you study and prepare for various tests.
If you haven't registered yet, follow these instructions:
- Visit http://www.shmoop.com/signup/georgia-virtual
- Click “Yes” or “No” if you’ve ever created a Shmoop Account
- Enter GaVS Magic Word: LANIER
- Create username and set password
- PRESTO! You can now visit “My Passes” to review all the Test Prep Passes available with Shmoop
- Select AP Computer Science
Stay tuned for more extra credit assignments!
Quia Practice Tests
Quia is a website tool for online testing. I have setup practice exams with questions from the past AP Exams and practice tests. Please register for an account to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Step 1: Go to the Quia Website: http://www.quia.com/web
- Step 2: Click the area named Students. Click Create my free account if you don't have an account. Select student as the account type.
- Step 3: Enter the Class Code: TNHTR679
- Step 4: You should now have access to the classes practice exams. Click on the class web page to view available quizzes. Take the next practice exam called GAVSAPCS - Sorting Practice Exam