Monday, December 7 - Friday, December 18
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS FRESHLY SHARPENED PENCILS AND AN ERASER.
Friday, December 11 - NO SCHOOL for Prep.
- Teacher marking day
Monday, December 14 - Wednesday, December 16
- Regular classes. YES we will be working
Thursday, December 17 - CLASS PARTY & GIFT BOOK EXCHANGE
- Letter is being sent home this afternoon. PLEASE ask your child for it.
- Kids wear party clothes. Please, nothing to fancy.
Friday, December 18 - LAST DAY
- Mass and noon dismissal
Monday, January 4, 2016 - BACK TO SCHOOL.
- Book Reports are due.
- Assignment will be sent home on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17.
- I will email a copy of both the Book Report assignment and the Christmas letter (just in case).
STUDY GUIDE REMINDERS
· PLACE VALUE – to ten thousands
o expanded form
o word form
o standard form
o understand the difference between the value of a digit and the place of a digit
· COMPARING AND ORDERING NUMBERS
o greater than (>)
o less than (<)
o equal to (=)
· ROUNDING / ESTIMATING
o to nearest thousand
o using place value
o using number line
· ADDITION – with and without regrouping
o Estimating sums
o Adding 3-digit numbers
· WORD PROBLEMS
o What is a sentence?
§ Putting words in order to make a sentence with capital letter and punctuation mark
o Types of sentences
o Subjects in a sentence
o Predicates in a sentence
o Simple and Complete Subjects
o Simple and Complete Predicates
o Compound subjects and predicates
o What is a Noun?
o Singular nouns
o Plural nouns
o Common nouns
o Proper nouns