This is Auburn. This is Success.
Auburn University Career Center Newsletter
New Year, Renewed Focus
- I will meet with one professional this semester in a job/industry I am interested in pursuing and get advice.
- I will write a resume and have it reviewed by the Career Center during Drop-in Hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00-4:00) by February 1.
- I will log into Handshake (auburn.edu/career) and build my profile by the end of the week.
- I will find an outfit appropriate for interviewing or begin saving money to purchase a suit.
- I will use InterviewStream (auburn.edu/career/interviews) to practice my interview skills by spring break.
- I will start looking this week for an internship/job for the summer that will align with my professional goals.
- I will attend as many career fairs this semester beginning with the Internship and Part-time Job Fair on January 25 or the STEM Expo on February 14.
Remember to be specific and give yourself a deadline. Better yet, enlist a friend to do this with you and serve as your accountability partner. It may be overwhelming at first, but one step at a time you begin to reach your goals.
The 3rd floor office of the Career Center will be under construction for the spring semester so please go the 4th floor of Martin Hall for assistance. We will continue to offer the full range of services in this location and hours of operation will remain 7:45 AM – 4:45 PM with Drop-Ins offered from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. If you have accessibility concerns, please call to arrange a meeting in an accessible location- 334-844-4744.
Communication & Media Career Day* | January 23 | 8 AM - 3 PM | Student Center Ballroom
Accounting Career Fair* | January 24 | 6 PM - 8 PM | AU Hotel
Internship & Part-time Job Fair | January 25 |10 AM - 1 PM | Student Center Ballroom
State of AL Graduate Program Career Fair* | 11 AM - 2 PM | AU Hotel
Supply Chain Management Career Fair* | February 7 | 2 PM - 5 PM | Student Center Ballroom
Harbert College of Business Fair* | February 9 | 10 AM - 1 PM | Auburn Arena
STEM Career Expo* | February 14 | 3 PM - 7 PM | AU Hotel
Building Science Career Expo* | February 22 | 3 PM - 7 PM | Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum
Auburn University Career Fair* | February 28 | 2 PM - 6 PM | Student Center Ballroom
Education Interview Day* | March 7 | 8 AM - 3 PM | Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum
*Professional dress attire is required for entrance
For more information, visit auburn.edu/career/events/
Find out how to dress for the career expos and in a professional interview or work environment.
Preparing for Career Fairs
These brief videos will help you explore careers and gain advice from professionals on all career related topics from choosing a career to landing a position.