Holy Redeemer Catholic School September 10, 2021
Mark Your Calendars:
This coming week:
- Tuesday - Boys Volleyball Try-outs - 2:40-4:00 (Grade 5-8)
- Wednesday - Girls Volleyball Try-outs - 2:40-4:00 (Grade 5-8)
- Thursday - Meet the Staff (Virtual - Stay tuned for details)
Down the road:
- Parent / School Council Meeting - September 21st
- Orange Shirt Day in recognition of Residential School Awareness - Thursday, September 29th
- Truth and Reconciliation Day - Thursday, September 30th (NO School)
- Truth and Reconciliation Awareness week - September 27th - October 1st
- Terry Fox Run - Friday, October 1st
- School Photos - Tuesday, October 5th
- School Photo- Re-Takes - Tuesday, October 26th
Faith Corner - Who do you say I am?
Sunday’s gospel tells us how important it is to understand who Jesus was and what His mission was. He knew that He came to Earth in order to love and care for others, but that ultimately God’s plan was for Him to suffer and die. His closest followers did not understand how victory could come through death, but Jesus recognized that glory would come through suffering. We rejoice that because of His death, we have eternal life.
Today’s story is a good reminder to us that learning the answer to the question, “Who is Jesus?” is not something we learn quickly or from a distance. It takes time and investigation to learn about who Jesus is.
Here are some of the ways we learn who Jesus is:
By going to church on Sunday mornings
By reading and talking about the faith stories that are about Jesus
By reading a Bible story each day and then talking about it after we read it.
When we do these things, we are being like the disciples, who learned about Jesus by learning from him
The more we learn about Jesus and from Jesus, the more we learn how to receive and share God’s love, just like Jesus did.
Calendar Change Notice:
- MASKS: Please ensure you are wearing a mask if you need to enter our facility. All parents, staff and students must wear a mask in common areas.
- ILLNESS: Please ensure to continue following current AHS covid guidelines and protocols and keep your student(s) home when exhibiting any covid related symptoms or any other symptom that may impede their learning.
- BUILDING ADMITTANCE: Parents should only enter the building if you have an appointment or scheduled business to conduct in the school. Parents must be masked at all times when in the facility. Please call the office or ring the bell upon your arrival and a staff member will greet you at the door. Please do not just walk in.
- PARKING: Please use the designated parking space for parents during pick-ups and drop-offs. We are not authorized to utilize the day-care's parking lot to the south of us. Please park in the North parking lot only!
ACTION Required: Yearly Consent Forms
Just a friendly reminder to please take a moment to log onto PowerSchool and digitally consent to the following forms:
2021 Low Risk Fieldtrip Consent ~ All Students
2021 Responsible Use of Tech Agreement ~ All Students
2021 One to One Use Agreement ~ All Students
2021 Locker Use Agreement ~ Grades 5 to 8
How to Complete Forms:
Log in (If you have not logged into PowerSchool and do not know your username and password please email the School Secretary email@example.com, so we can set you up with an account. Click on Forms and Fees
Click on Yearly Consent
Select your answer from the drop down menu.
Click Submit for each section.
Be sure to complete all three sections for each child you have enrolled in the school.
It is vital that you sign in to your account as soon as possible, as there are upcoming field trips and students cannot participate if the consent is not done.
If you need any help please contact the school at 780-922-4522 and Mrs. Guerin can assist you.
News from Parent Advisory Council
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
- Have you ever wondered what the Holy Redeemer PAC does?
- Have you ever wanted to help make decisions that support your child’s education and school?
- Do you want to be more connected to the Holy Redeemer staff, other parents, and EICS community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in luck! The Holy Redeemer PAC invites you to join us for our first meeting of the school year on September 21 st at 6:30 pm.
Join us for our first meeting of the school year on September 21 st at 6:30 pm.
All parents/caregivers are welcome to join the virtual meeting.
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings:
You can also follow us on Facebook:
New Perimeter Fencing - Proposed Project
Our Nature kindergarten students spend the majority of their time engaged in explorative and interactive play while learning outdoors. It is our desire to ensure a safer experience for all of our students by securing fencing around the North-West perimeter of our School property. This endeavor will ensure a lower risk to our students as they learn to navigate our terrain while exploring different plant life through the lens of curiosity and exploration.
This measure will benefit all of our students at Holy Redeemer; we ask for and appreciate your support. If you or someone you know may have any fence posts to donate, Our students and staff at Holy Redeemer Catholic School would be grateful. Please contact Mrs. Tess Guerin or Mr. Kucy in the School office to discuss possible donations.
Thank you so much for any help or any donations you can offer to help us make this a reality for our students.