Wolf Pack Weekly
April 5, 2019
Start and end times stay the same, but students will begin the day in their fourth period class and end the day with period 1.
SBAC TESTING FOR JUNIORS
EVENTS ON CAMPUS THIS WEEK
Tuesday, April 9th- Thursday, April 11th: PACK Tutoring (3:00pm, Library)
Tuesday, April 9th: Softball vs FHS (3:30pm, Upper Field)
Wednesday, April 10th: JV Baseball vs FHS (3:30pm, Upper Field)
Wednesday, April 10th: Boys Volleyball vs SDA (4:00pm, Gym)
Friday, April 12th: V Baseball vs FHS (3:30pm, Upper Field)
Friday, April 12th: Karaoke Night (7:30pm, Amphitheatre)
AP PROCTORS NEEDED
COCOA AND CRAM FOR AP TESTING
THE PACK TUTORING
Pack Tutoring is back for the spring term, each Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00-4:00pm in the Library. As a reminder, thanks to a grant from the Timberwolves Foundation, we have free busing on Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm.
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES
Karaoke Night - April 19th
Spring Musical - The weeks of April 22nd and April 29th
- Come hang out, play games, listen to music, and ease into your week with PLUS Beach Chair Monday on April 15th during lunch.
- The next PLUS Forum is Tuesday, May 21st from 7:30-11:00. You don't want to miss the last forum of the year! Print your permission slip from the counseling page on the website and return it to the Counseling Center by Tuesday, May 15th.
- Mr. Bennett will be on campus Wednesday, April 16th, concerning your internship.. Watch for your summons. Please drop off your internship paperwork for Mr. Bennett with Ms. Omori, Counseling Assistant.
- The Career Center will be closing at 2:00 pm every day. Please make appropriate accommodations.
- Mark your calendars: Seniors, Juniors only - the ASVAB will be given here at MVHS on Thursday May 25th. Sign up on the military page on our website through your school email.
- Seniors: Pay for college. Apply for scholarships NOW! See Ms. Hernandez in the Career Center for more information.
All Freshmen - Mr. Kramer
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E - Mrs. Parli
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E Alpha F-N - Mrs. Kenney
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E Alpha O-Z - Mr. Chavarin
We are now in the second semester of the spring term!
Click on the link below to access Parent Portal, and see information for each of your student's courses.
The Mission Vista HS PTSA offers two scholarships of $500 each to graduating seniors. One is awarded to a student pursuing Arts & Communications and the other is for Applied Science and Technology - and it's not required for the student to be college bound. To be eligible, the student (not the parents) must be a current member of the MVHS PTSA with at least 30 days' tenure - so the time to join PTSA is NOW, if your student hasn't already. Please visit this link to complete membership online!
TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION INFORMATION
Did you know that just by doing your regular online shopping through Amazon Prime you can be donating to the Timberwolves Foundation at the same time. Register to Amazon Smile today and choose "Mission Vista High School Timberwolves Foundation Inc" as your choice of charity and a portion of your purchases will be donated to the students of Mission Vista High School! Once you register with Amazon Smile it links to your Amazon Prime with the added bonus that a portion of your purchase price will be donated to Timberwolves Foundation.
1) Login to smile.amazon.com
2)Under your account, select "Change your Charity"
3) In the find your charity search bar, type "Mission Vista High School Timberwolves Foundation Inc".
4) Click "select" next to "Mission Vista High School Timberwolves Foundation Inc".
5) Shop to your heart's content!
Easy peasy! As always, we are so grateful for your support!
MVHS VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Our Purpose is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.
We Value mutual respect, collaboration, integrity, originality, and intellectual curiosity that prepare our students to become integral members of society.
THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION FOR
SPONSORING THE WOLF PACK WEEKLY!