Wanted Dead Or Alive
by Hailey Harris
- Blackbeard was born in Bristol, England in the 1680's and is believed to have been born into a pretty wealthy family.
- He was originally a solider in the War Of Spanish Succession, when the war ended many solider's were out of work and began to turn to piracy.
- Lt. Robert Maynard killed Blackbeard at Ocracoke Island on November 22, 1718 in a hand to hand struggle.
- Blackbeard was a large, tall man that had a long BLACK BEARD. He was rumored to have put cannon fuses in his beard to frighten enemies.
- He liked to takeover ships and he often was not mean to those on board if they cooperate. He also liked to marry different women on board.
- Blackbeard often liked to party and cause fear to others.
- After settling into a home Blackbeard constantly partied at home with other pirates and began to annoy his neighbors. He also liked to hangout on his ships.
- Blackbeard was wanted for his outrageous acts and for taking over so many ships. Lt. Maynard shot Blackbeard while someone else slit his throat.