Timberwolf Care Team Final Edition
Tuscarora Elementary School
Timberwolf Care Team Weekly Newsletter - Issue 12 June 12
Dear Timberwolf Families,
Wrapping up the year, saying goodbye for the summer,
We are ending a year that is unlike any other,
Waving at cars filled with faces we miss,
Making sure they get all the things on our lists.
Goodbyes like this are never quite right,
For a while, our Timberwolves will be out of our sight,
Our hallways are empty, wall to wall, floor to floor,
But our memories are fuller than ever before.
As we wave to each a final "...'till Fall",
We will think about every one, each and all,
This may be a time when we are kept apart,
But Timberwolves are always together at heart.
Love, Dr. Mazaleski
Together in heart and mind,
The Timberwolf Care Team
It Is Hard To Say Goodbye....
THANK YOU, MR. BROWN!
Mr. Brown has been instrumental in supporting every aspect of technology at TuES... and more! During the regular school year, Mr. Brown made it possible for students and teachers to access technology in the computer labs and classrooms. He kept us running smoothly!
During this school closure and implementation of distance learning, TuES was dependent on him for so much. He provided staff with technology, training and ongoing help. He prepared and ran our school-based technology handout for our students. He organized our permissions for student google meets. He set up a daily technology support hotline available to every TuES family... and a few families from other schools!
There is no way to list everything that Mr. Brown has done for students, families and staff during this time.
Thank you from all of us!
(pictured below: Mr. Brown receiving his FCPS All Star Award. He was nominated by Ms. Waskey)
Congratulations to our 5th Graders !!!
THE TUSCARORA COUNSELOR CORNER
A Message From Our Counselors
Dear Timberwolf Guardians and Parents,
This certainly has been an unusual Spring but we appreciate all of you and your children. We applaud your effort, time, hard work and support of your children. We know you had to juggle many things and we thank you for being there for your family. We are proud of all of our students’ perseverance and hard work, too. Take some time to forget the school work and enjoy the summer.
We hope that you get to spend some fun family time in the next couple months. Your family and children certainly deserve it. We have included a Road Trip Bingo in case you get to do some traveling. Take some time to relax and connect with friends and family.
Toby the Timberwolf has a special message for our fifth-grade students. We are excited for them and know that they are ready for their next learning adventure. They have been an important part of our school. They are ready to soar to new heights. We will be cheering them on. We will miss them but we have been so lucky to watch them grow and learn. They will always be Timberwolves and hold a special place in our hearts. Best of Luck to all our fifth grade students and any students who will be attending a new school next year.
Missing all of you,
Mrs. Kathy Leber (school counselor) and Mrs. Marisha Leber (behavior support specialist)
Summer Reading Challenge
Be sure to check out our Summer Reading Challenge! Students can access thousands of incredible eBooks right from your home. In addition to our school resources, students can check out materials from the Frederick County Public library resources using their Student Success Card. Find out more in the links below!
If you have any questions, please contact our media specialist at email@example.com. Happy reading!
Update: This summer, your child can continue to use Lexia® Core5® Reading at home!
Core5 is a fun, computer-based program that has helped millions of students improve their literacy skills. The activities in Core5 support and build on your child’s classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Here’s how Lexia Core5 Reading works:
- Your child can continue where he/she was working with Core5 during Continuation of Learning, that fits his/her needs.
- Online activities include direct instruction and immediate feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the online activities is saved and available for teacher review next year.
- During the school year, your child has the opportunity to participate in collaborative, hands-on activities to reinforce skills introduced online and further develop learning.
Over the summer, you can support progress in the program by reading daily with your child and talking about what you have read. We hope you share in our excitement about using Core5 with your child this summer!
Blessing in a BackPack News:
Online enrollment is open for students NEW to Frederick County Public Schools!
Parents may enroll their child in FCPS by creating an account here in English or here in Spanish. Additional information is online at https://www.fcps.org/student-services/enrolling-a-student. All new enrollments, including pre-kindergarten (pre-k) and kindergarten, occur online in a secure virtual environment.
Mental Health Resources:
- Virtual Walk--In Crisis Services (Mental Health Association of Frederick)
- 211 Maryland (Call 211 or Text your zip code to 898-211 OR TXT-211)
- Advanced Behavioral Health (ABH/ACS) is taking referrals for Telehealth. They take Medical Assistance (MA) insurance ONLY for the on-site services in schools. They take MA and Private Insurance for therapy in the office.
- Behavioral Health Partners (BHP/OCS) is taking new referrals for Telehealth. They take Medical Assistance (MA) insurance ONLY for the on-site services in schools. They take MA and Private Insurance for therapy in the office.
- Brook Lane Frederick Office is taking referrals. Clients can be seen in person at the office or through telehealth. They accept Medical Assistance and private insurances. Parent/guardian needs to call 1-800-342-2992 to schedule an intake appointment.
Tuscarora Elementary School
Ms. Belinda Fockler, Assistant Principal
Ms. Susan Thompson, Administrative Assistant
Ms. Kathy Leber, School Counselor
Ms. Marisha Leber, Behavior Support Specialist